Lose, Don't Lose, Lose, Don't Lose!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Log_zps8f1a8f32.jpg
    Not sure if this is what you were requiring but I know one thing, looking back over the past 8 weeks is scary as hell! Some *kitten* I ate!
  • TLB86
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    TLB86 wrote: »
    Shitester!! I've been a bad girl *penny drops* I think it may be my salt intake also!

See, you have people on here having 'cheat days' and not care about salt etc but I suppose everyone is different. Close eye is being kept for a couple of weeks now. Espesh as I have my Mr's Bday in a couple of weeks, which will be a big night out.

Still unsure if I need to eat and workouts back? I might set my calories to 1570 and not eat workouts back
    If you are using the TDEE method from the IIFYM website, as you described above, you do not eat your exercise calories back.

I like to do the TDEE as I don't need to log any exercise, it just takes it into account. I do 4 x 55mins minutes of cardio a week averaging out at 2200 calories burned a week (this is taken from machines/online tools or running apps). I used to weight train 2 a week but knackered my shoulder back in July so need to rest it.

Calories are now lowered to 1500 and I won't bother thinking about logging/eating exercise back.

Made me feel a little better about this now and understand a little more <3
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    just to clarify, you may not need to lower your calories if you pinpointed that the cheat days were the culprit. Just food for thought.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Like this -

W1/90.7
    W2/90.6
    W3/90.6
    W4/89.9
    W5/89.9
    W6/89.9
    W7/89.8
    W8/89.8

Not sure if to lower them from 1800 to 1500 and see how it goes as I want to lose around 6lb before Christmas?

If this were me, I'd lower calories a bit. You haven't lost more than 1 lb total in 8 weeks. Clearly you don't have much of a deficit.

Yeah, she hasn't lost more than a pound in 8 weeks.

Oh, and she weighs 90 pounds, which makes her a prime candidate for weight loss.

Even if you've never heard of the metric system, at least use common sense.
  • TLB86
    Options
    Just so people understand I weight 89.8kg NOT pounds. If I were at 89lb weight loss would be the last thing on my mind! I want to lose another 20lb overall but 6lb but Xmas.

I will try and sort my cheat days to planned cheat days if anything and see how I go.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just so people understand I weight 89.8kg NOT pounds. If I were at 89lb weight loss would be the last thing on my mind! I want to lose another 20lb overall but 6lb but Xmas.

I will try and sort my cheat days to planned cheat days if anything and see how I go.

Sounds like a good plan. If anything, drop your normal calories to 1600 per day, and then have a moderate cheat day. If it's been awhile since you recalculated your TDEE, then you may want to do that first. Remember, the smaller your get, the less calories your body will burn naturally.
  • TLB86
    Options
    Cool! I have lowered them for the time being to 1570 then I can have those 'moderate days' like next Friday and my Mr's Bday. Hopefully it will kick my metabolism up a notch too. I also realised that I don't log the flora light that goes in my jacket spud or sip or occasional 200ml orange juice.

LOG LOG LOG!!!!! LOSE LOSE LOSE!!!! SMILE SMILE SMILE lol.

P.s I have lost a couple of inches so it's not all a poppy mess.