Gluten free and Vegan......need help.....need friends!

Options
Just looking for friends who eat gluten free and are Vegan...just hoping there are more of us out there as needing help! :D

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that dog poop is gluten free or vegan. I think there are wheat fillers.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Why and why?
  • I am gluten free but I'm not completely vegan as I do eat chicken and fish. I would love to have contact with another gluten intolerant person!
  • I eat about 90% vegan. If you are looking for recipe ideas, I'd highly recommend theppk.com for lots of gluten-free vegan recipes.
  • KoRnKraZy
    KoRnKraZy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    High carb vegan here :smile:
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I've just become a High Carb, low fat Vegan...
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Okay so you're not really vegan if you eat meat.... I was going to say-- what in the world do you even eat if you are gluten free and vegan? I have one daughter who is gluten intolerant and the other is vegan- it's hard to plan a meal to fit both of them.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm not gluten free, but I eat mostly vegan and worked at a health food store with vegan and gluten free options. Lentils and chickpeas are gonna be something you'll want to stock up on. Also, lentil loaf! Lentil loaf is actually delicious. Google "The Magical Loaf Studio - Vegan Lunch Box" and you can create your own vegan lentil loaf recipe.
  • highcarbveganzombie
    Options
    I'm not gluten free (I do eat bread but eat gluten free pasta etc), but I am vegan! Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • theloodevil
    theloodevil Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    illuvatree wrote: »
    I'm not gluten free, but I eat mostly vegan and worked at a health food store with vegan and gluten free options. Lentils and chickpeas are gonna be something you'll want to stock up on. Also, lentil loaf! Lentil loaf is actually delicious. Google "The Magical Loaf Studio - Vegan Lunch Box" and you can create your own vegan lentil loaf recipe.

Thanks for the website!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan but am gluten free. You are welcome to add me if you'd like!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Why and why?

This.
    I would guess vegan for ethical reasons, gluten free because of either Celiac or buying into the nonsense of gluten intolerance.

OP, I was a gluten free vegan. Gained 10 lbs despite very careful intake and exercise. I was reading a lot of chick peas, lentils and tofu in various curries and stir fries.

Downgraded to vegetarian, with eggs from a local farmer.

• Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am GF because of coeliacs :) feel free to add me
  • EmPenfold
    EmPenfold Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Almost totally gluten free here (I eat oats and I can handle the little bits of gluten in sauces, spices etc). I don't count as vegan but I'm a wannabe, instead I'm semi-vegetarian and almost dairy free. Inching closer to vegan all the time :)

There are plenty of things to eat when GF and vegan! Veggies, nuts, pulses, nut milks, coconut cream, lentils (wow, never thought I'd love lentils but I totally do), more veggies, herbs and spices, seeds and dried fruit and fresh fruit... fresh home made baking (yum), more than I could list, but it's a long list.

It's even easier now I've discovered how to make some vegetarian meals like lasagne and other 'meaty' tasting meatless meals. 'meat' patties from mixed up beans & chickpeas with grated veg - my fav. Dairy free gluten free tiramisu is to die for - and lower carb, lower calorie.

I guess like anything else, it depends how much you learn about it and experiment.

If someone had told me 10 years ago that I'd learn to cook with seeds, nuts and veggies the way I do now, I'd have said they were totally bonkers! All good food though and healthier for sure.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Removed comment.
  • pwmw1272
    pwmw1272 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Recently confirmed gluten allergy...not vegan though
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm Gluten free (gf oatmeal), dairy free and soy free due to allergies and eat about 80% paleo at the moment. ...I am seriously considering going Vegan but still in the researching process. I also have a 16 year old son that loves meat but the grass fed beef and free range organic chicken is killing my bank account.

I have two protein powders that I alternate between that just happen to be Vegan because I needed something to fit a gluten free, dairy free, soy free diet

Sending a friend request :)
  • Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Why and why?

Why oh why should she have to justify it?
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Why and why?

Why oh why should she have to justify it?

Because it's MFP and if you don't justify something -- and have it 100% agreed upon by the masses that the justification that you are coming up with for yourself is correct -- then, well you're just being ignorant.