Has anyone seen my self-control lie around?

I haven't lost any weight in months. I know the cause. The fact that I always eat up to maintenance. Sometimes mindlessly. Sometimes...well, I don't know the reason for the other times.

It's not like I eat too little, I eat about 1450 calories a day...at 134lb, 5'2, 21yrs, and I mostly sit in front of my desk all day. My maintenance is 1670. I'm not hungry...I just eat more than I have to for some reason.

I'm not sure if I'm asking for help or support, because I know what's wrong. I just can't seem to get a grip on it. Maybe I'm not motivated enough because the loss is so slow. That's just a theory. I'm not an expert on my own feelings even believe it or not. :neutral_face:

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Too much sitting, maybe. I find that if I move my body more, I gravitate toward healthier eating.
  • I do get up every half hour and at least take a walk around the house. It was advised to me by my optometrist. Because my eyes weaken (genetics) when I'm infront of the computer too long.
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Sorry about that, fruitylicious03. I thought your self-control looked like a fruit snack and I ate it. :#
  • habit365 wrote: »
    Sorry about that, fruitylicious03. I thought your self-control looked like a fruit snack and I ate it. :#

Haha...darn it...what ever shall I do now?? :sweat_smile:
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    Look in the vending machine. It's waving at you...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    It's probably playing hide and seek with mine.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I know. I just quit smoking about 5 weeks ago. Never cheated, never had one here or there. Just done.

Yet for three years I can't resist pizza and baked goods.