New to calorie counting

Options
Hi, I'm new to this. Just finished week 1 and have averaged 1259 calories each day over the week. To my astonishment I've lost 7.2 pounds this week. I've done so many diets, the last one being a 600 vlcd. It worked but couldn't fax it again and I always regain. I actually might be able to maintain this as a lifestyle. Any experiences with this calorie counting. Is it possible to lose week on week on week? Many years ago I did the old weight watchers and had 18 points. I used to lose 2.5 pounds every week with out fail. I'd re do that diet if I had any tools to do so. The new weight watchers is too much food for me to lose and the slimming world I put 7 pounds on in one week! I guess those free foods aren't really free. I am just a bit concerned that when I plateau where do you go from 1220 cals? Can't go lower! So should I start higher? Other weight loss calculators say I should be on about 1450cals to lose. Your thoughts and inspiration and success would be much appreciated!

Replies

• pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible to get where you want to be watching your calories, have a look at some of the before and after pics people post.
    Thing is, its a lifestyle change and not really a diet, the site and people on here are helpful but you have to be prepared that once you have lost the weight, you are still going to have to count your calories to mentain your goal weight too.
    I have lost every week so far, it fluctuates as there are lots of factors, water, salt, TOM etc but as long as you are logging everything you eat and weighing your food etc.
    As for your cals, well i am losing on 1750 a day, but i rarely eat back my exercised cals. I needed an amount that i knew wouldnt make me miserable, so i just work out more.
    Good luck and stay focused.