Avocado wake up call

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Love avocados too, I put them in my smoothie in the morning.
    You can also use them as a spread on sandwiches.
    Its a healthy fat, but be careful not to overdue.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    old news. i've loved avocado since i was a kid :)
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark side
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm an avocado lover from WAY back but I have never heard of using it with spaghetti! I will have to try it. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    So I never ate an avocado in my life. I was kinda of afraid to eat one because my hubby hates them and told me I would hate them to. So I just stayed away from them.

Um, huh?

I'm still stuck on your hubby telling you what you would like to eat.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Clearly your husband has defective taste buds. Branch out more often. Avocados are the best!
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    So I never ate an avocado in my life. I was kinda of afraid to eat one because my hubby hates them and told me I would hate them to. So I just stayed away from them.

Um, huh?

I'm still stuck on your hubby telling you what you would like to eat.

Exactly my reaction!
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    How have you LIVED?!? I loooooove avocados! Seriously, I could eat them every day and not get tired of them, there's so much you can do with them!

Dice them and toss them in salads
    Slice them with a little oil & vinegar
    Mash them with lime and cayenne for guacamole
    Blend them with some buttermilk and spices for some creamy dressing
    Half them and put them on the grill then fill with insalata caprese
    Batter them with egg, flour, & panko and fry them

Oh the things you can do! Welcome to the wonderful world of Avocado! :smile:

Thanks for the extra avocado suggestions! I LOVE avocados!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I eat an avocado every day! I get so upset when I'm out of them and the ones in the grocery store are not ripe. :sad:

yes. I take it personally when none of the ones at the store are ready to eat.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat an avocado is simply to pit it and then fill the cavity with Italian dressing. I scoop out spoonfuls of avocado from the inside out and the dressing runs off my spoonful back into the cavity. The dressing lasts long enough for me to get a little on each spoonful of avocado.

I'm sad when it's over. Haha. :)
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was put off guacamole many years ago but recently rediscovered it. Although avocados have a lot of fat, they are fairly decent on calories. I worry less about the fat than the calories and indulge at least once a week. ;-)
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've been making myself try vegetables that I've always said I hated, but using fresh produce and cooking from scratch. It can make a huge difference! I recently tried brussel sprouts, and they turned out to be really good (not at all like the canned kind my mom used to serve). It never hurts to give it a shot! My next hurdle is asparagus.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Love them, not sure if you like tuna but you can add a whole avocado and salsa to it, mix-mash it up to top a salad.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Avocado - cut in half and scoop with a spoon - yum.
    I use them to bump calories up when I'm a bit low in the evening - especially if the fat for the day has been too low. A whole ripe one on the plate and then spread it onto the turkey fillet or chicken or whatever. Love it!
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Avocado Egg Salad :heart:
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i love the big nut in them
  • meli1968
    meli1968 Posts: 4
    Options
    Do you always listen to what hubby recomends....come on girl, get a little more adventurous (lol). Avos are DELICIOUS and healthy!!! Some lemon juice and garlic salt and pepper on it and you will see the biggest smile on my face!!!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    avocados are AWESOME! slice them, place slice on a good piece of bread add some fresh cracked pepper and sea salt then devour! YUM!!!!! mash them up and use in place of mayo or mustard on a sandwich. heaven! slice and place on top of pizza delicious! i just LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! :bigsmile:
  • Becksga
    Becksga Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was singing the avocado praises earlier today...... as I was eating one for lunch. DELISH! And, while they may be high in calories, for me they are filling. Also, DELISH!
  • 1toInfinity
    1toInfinity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We love avocado. I mash it up with some vinegar and use it as salad dressing, my whole family loves it.