Just started Two-A-Days and Strength Training.

So for the last Month I have only been doing Cardio.
This week I have started strength training.
On my lunch I go to the gym and do 30min of Cardio and then after work I'm back at the gym and warm up with 15 min of cardio and 30 min of strength training.
I was wondering if anyone had a similar workout schedule and had any helpful tips.

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    I do strength training 3x a week with a 5 min cardio warm-up. 15 mins is likely excessive unless it takes you 15 minutes to get your heart rate up, in which case consider increasing the intensity/level of the machine.

Not sure what tips you're looking for?
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    I don't think 15 mins is excessive. I used to do 2 a days and would do 3-5 miles in the morning and then 30 mins in the evening prior to about an hour of strength training. It all depends how hardcore you want to be about your exercise regimen. Major factor is giving yourself enough time to recover as your muscles need time to heal and repair or you're defeating the purpose. What you are doing right now is about what I do in the morning. Do what works for you. If you don't get the results you want, make some adjustments.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited November 2014
    Personally, I'd just skip the cardio on the after work workout and just do a few warm-up sets (lighter weights) before your main sets. What sort of strength training are you doing, and what are your goals? If you're doing free weights, the book "Starting Strength" and the Stronglifts 5x5 program are both good starting points, but that may be overkill for your goals.
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    its not uncommon in the fitness world, plus its a great way to get your cardio in so you can put everything into your lifts later. other people might think its excessive, but most of them are sedentary imo
  • MegzC321
    MegzC321 Posts: 152 Member
    Well to be honest I really like cardio! But I also like how my body feels when I weight train. I have been using the machines at the gym. I wanna work my way up to free weights.
    Right now my rest days are Wednesday and Sunday..