What to drink other than water to aid weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• EamonMccann
    Options
    You can get truvia.
    I tried adding lemon and lime to flavour water today but it tasted horrible to me.
    Maybe I'll try following some recipes online for flavoured water and maybe sweeten with stavia.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I like to drink mine with citrus Essential Oils (lemon, grapefruit, orange, tangerine, lime, etc). Just 2-3 drops are enough to flavor 16 ounces of water.

Just make sure the Essential Oils you are using are of high quality and ok to take internally.
    Also always use glass. It will break down plastic and styrfoam.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So I've completely cut out sugary drinks and fizzy drinks for a long time and I switched to sugar free flavoured water although I love the lemon and lime flavoured water it contains aspartame, which I know to be bad for you. So I've stopped drinking it and water is becoming stale and boring and honestly I enjoy some flavour in my drinks to help wash out bad tastes like certain vegetables.
    Is there anything I can drink that has a good taste but maybe contains natural flavourings. Also if it was cheap that would help too.
    Thanks

How do you "know" aspartame is bad for you? Did you read something from Dr. Mercola or are you basing this assertion on real science?

theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/the-complicated-truth-behind-aspartame/article16069158/http://

sciencebasedmedicine.org/aspartame-truth-vs-fiction/http://

It may taste like crap but it's not dangerous.........
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I drink tea, coffee, diet soda, flavored water, beer. Nothing wrong with aspartame. If you enjoy a soda, have a soda.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    ...but aspartame is evil. EVIL.
    hzmaq2lbjqli.jpg
    before aspartame - after aspartame.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    tea !
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    seltzer water!!! I love it gives my that carbonation I love. Most are calorie, sodium and sugar free and use no sugar substitute you just have to read the label. My favorite is regular and lemon lime I drink Canada dry brand.
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Harney's has great tasting teas. My favorite flavor is the hot cinnamon spice - it has a nice cinnamon taste with a hint of sweet (no artificial sweeteners, registers as 0 cal for one tea bag). I have never been the kind of person to add sugar in tea, but my DH does and it's the only tea he drinks without adding sugar - it's that good.
  • RibStabsHeart
    RibStabsHeart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ham.
    I like your style.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Aspartame isn't bad for you, people are just jumping on the bandwagon because it's trendy. My dietician said it would be FAR better to drink Crystal light or such to get in my fluids than to not do it at all, and it will NOT interfere with my weight loss (and it hasn't). I drink at least 120 oz per day.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408