Mio water flavorings?

Options
I have been using those squirt water flavorings and I know plain water is the best but sometimes a little flavor is nice, I have been able to drink ALOT more water (went from 8 cups a day to 14) by using the water flavorings, Anyone know of any drawbacks from using them? I know there has to be something bad in there 0 calories but everything has a price (been watching once upon a time too much) lol

Replies

• s011daw
    s011daw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use them too... It's hard to get down a gallon of plain water.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Here is a passionate criticism of Mio. It is not my criticism. Personally, I don't see anything so bad about the stuff.

oh-my-mio-water-flavoring-has-nothing-real-in-it/
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Love the stuff, I find it hard to drink a lot of plain water too, it makes me nauseous. I just wish that the range of flavours available in the States were also available here in Canada.
  • ElizabethMaryam
    ElizabethMaryam Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The ones sold in the US have an extra ingredient "propylene glycol". The Canadian ones don't have that ingredient ... FYI.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time, especially in my adult beverages. :smile: The ingredients are all GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) per the US FDA. There's no problem with it.
  • trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use them too. I think the complaint that many people have with them is that it's not all natural. These people are obviously the types who are like "Just cut up a lemon or a lime and some whatevers and toss that into your water for a refreshing bit of blaaaah."

I have a hard time drinking just plain water unless I'm working out, or doing something physically intensive, so MiO and its friends are friends of mine :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    pythonsweb wrote: »
    I have been using those squirt water flavorings and I know plain water is the best but sometimes a little flavor is nice, I have been able to drink ALOT more water (went from 8 cups a day to 14) by using the water flavorings, Anyone know of any drawbacks from using them? I know there has to be something bad in there 0 calories but everything has a price (been watching once upon a time too much) lol

Not to my knowledge. My roommate has a bunch stocked up right now and uses them frequently, and she hasn't died yet. Unless you have some personal concern about artificial ingredients, Mio away!