Tell me when to work out .

Options
Please tell me when to work out . Here is my day. Wake up 5:45 get up at 6 . get a ride to work at 6:45, work 7 to 5 with a "30" min lunch which I only clock for law. No car so I can't go anywhere at lunch . Then I get picked up at 5 and my parents who have already been watching my kids while I work need a break . I clean my house , play with my 3 and 4 year old , feed them dinner , clean up , give them a bath , read stories and we all fall asleep 8:30 to 9. I do not watch tv . I need to work 53 hours a week to afford my bills . I cannot wake up earlier and do a work out video because my ex is on the couch in the living room and my kids always end up in my bed. It is dark and cold and a little scary for me to go our at 4:30 am . Really how can I fit in the exercise I desperately need .

Replies

• KPeriandri
    KPeriandri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    GIRL! You have the time right there in front of you! I was in the same position as you. I know where you are coming from. When the kids go to bed, you need to workout then. Whether you are propping your phone up to see videos or using the livingroom television. No more excuses! I used FitnessBlender.com and workout for 60 minutes 5 days a week right when the kids go to bed. I put mine to sleep around 8 and when it hits 9 I am in my room doing my workouts. You can do this! You have the time! Also, you can incorporate your kids into your workouts! Mine LOVE doing workouts with me! Good job, mama and keep up the good work!
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Do you want advice, or are you looking for someone to validate your belief that you're busy and tired and stressed and "can't" work out?

Fine. You're a working mom and you have no time to yourself. With two preschoolers and a cramped house, you're stuck. The only question is - will you have more energy if you work out? Or will it drain you when you already have nothing else to give?

If you can't fit in workouts during the week, try for the weekends. A long walk or a hike or a swim with the kids would work. You can walk or job with them in the stroller, or leave them with your parents for an hour or two.

Or figure exercise is on hold for a year or so until you get the bum off your couch and your older is in kindergarten. You can still diet and eat right if your issue is weight. You don't need to exercise to lose weight.
  • Suzyp0414
    Suzyp0414 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    All advise is appreciated! As I typed this I realized that the 30 minutes I clock for lunch but dont actually take I might as well take ! My job is very casual in that I can dress in jeans and can eat/snack at my desk during my shift . So technically I could get a little sweaty at lunch and eat on the clock afterwards .
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    If the kids end up in your bed can you workout in their room in the am?

Good luck. Your lunch plan sounds like a good idea.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    zarckon wrote: »
    Do you want advice, or are you looking for someone to validate your belief that you're busy and tired and stressed and "can't" work out?

This. You're not the only person who's "busy". People who are successful at this don't find time to exercise.. they make time.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Stop getting a lift and walk / run in

Use your half-hour break to walk

When you get home take the kids out / park / football / run around

Put on loud music and clean the house energetically
  • PeterSedesse
    PeterSedesse Posts: 124
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Forget about doing an hour workout.. instead find 12, 5 minute exercises that you can do anywhere. Two of them should be squats(once in morning, once a night). Tricep Dips using a chair. Maybe buy some 10lb dumbells for under your desk and do curls and dumbell shoulder presses if you can get away with it. Do not underestimate the value of 5 minute exercises, especially if they involve weights. Squats in particular will benefit you greatly if you can get 6 sets of 10 in per day.