I don't want to keep track of everything!

Options
1235»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Why can't I stop eating????

because you haven't taught yourself what it does to you and the importance of regulating it. When you want something enough to change for it, then you will do it.

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Here's my less-than-charitable opinion: if you say you can't control yourself around food, then food isn't your problem--control is. And that affects other areas of your life too. Add some kind of counseling to your weight loss efforts to get to the right place mentally, because you can control you. You're the only one who can.
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Also, it's "track", and not "tract".

God that's been bugging me.....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    rowlandsw wrote: »
    I'm calling troll or teenager from the attitude towards weightloss the OP is showing.
    And I'd say you don't know what a troll is. :)
  • HealthyFitStrong2
    Options
    It is a lot of work at first. Every little thing I eat, I weigh/measure and double check the entry to what I find in MFP (since there are many errors/label changes). I might make it more work for myself, but I would rather check it once to be correct and then I don't have to do that anymore.

But as common foods I eat are remembered it become easier and quicker especially on a tablet. I obviously don't know how to control the amount of calories I need without logging.

Weight loss surgery seems so much harder and I can eat 2 or 3 times more than those who had weight loss surgery. Plus all the risks and costs of surgery.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    The bold part is my favourite. Did you know - taking a poop or a shower also takes away the time you have to eat? Also... if you're overweight and wanting to lose weight... isn't having less time to eat a GOOD thing?

So not true. You can eat while having a poo. Hell, you can eat in the shower if you're really dedicated.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The bold part is my favourite. Did you know - taking a poop or a shower also takes away the time you have to eat? Also... if you're overweight and wanting to lose weight... isn't having less time to eat a GOOD thing?

So not true. You can eat while having a poo. Hell, you can eat in the shower if you're really dedicated.

I had a flatmate who smoked in the shower. True story.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    knitapeace wrote: »
    Here's my less-than-charitable opinion: if you say you can't control yourself around food, then food isn't your problem--control is. And that affects other areas of your life too. Add some kind of counseling to your weight loss efforts to get to the right place mentally, because you can control you. You're the only one who can.

Quite true. I once shared an office with a guy who said he liked to date heavier girls because they had no self control.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never knew logging was this hard. It takes me about two seconds to search and log a food and one second if I've already previously logged that food. Sounds like to me laziness is the problem, not time. In the amount of time OP took to post she could have logged her breakfast.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

There's something intrinsically wrong with eating and defecating simultaneously.
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard.

This is the greatest thing that has ever been said.
  • Janneson
    Janneson Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The idea of written down everything I eat and counting calories, carbs and all that seems confusing to me. Having to add everything up is taking away time to eat more. I always think one more bite won't hurt and here I am now 225. Has anyone tried weight loss surgery? Why can't I stop eating????

Unfortunately you're going to have to get over that mental hurtle if you want to be successful at this. There's no magic words I can tell you. It took me a few years before I could muster up the devotion and willingness to actually diet and do it correctly and cut down on food. It will not be easy but the way I did it was I watched youtube videos of people dieting and exercising and it helped me get into the mindset I needed.

I think writing down what you eat even if you decided to keep eating normally will help you become more aware of what you eat. It's annoying at first but once you do it for a week or two it gets easy because the stuff you eat every day in just sitting in your diary and you can just check mark it and add it.
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    "If you always do what you always do, you will always get what you have always got"
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    LeenaJean wrote: »
    Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard.

This is the greatest thing that has ever been said.
    It pretty much is.