Why is my scale not moving!

Options
I've been dieting and exercising religiously about 3 weeks now. I cut out junk food, many carbs. i eat yogurt and egg for breakfast, salad with a protein for lunch and another protein for dinner. in between i snack on fruit and veggies.

I work out 6 days a week 30 mins a day, alternating between cardio 1 day then strenght training.

I lost ONE lousy pound. my friend who doesn't work out lost like 30! i don't get it. i want to give up....it is so depresssing. Do some people just take longer for their weight loss to kick in??? HELP

Replies

• heidistubbs
    heidistubbs Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've gained some muscle.
    I typically can be 8 pounds heavier sometimes but if I weigh myself 2 days later I have lost it again. It is just water weight and fluid retention. Just keep up the good work!!! 3 weeks is awesome! I've only been back for 2 weeks and I gained weight. I am confident because I know it works. I'm sure you got fitter and healthier in that time too. :smile:

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You could be eating too much. Protein shakes can have as many as 1000 calories in them, so combining two of them with the other stuff you're eating could put you above your goal.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    I typically can be 8 pounds heavier sometimes but if I weigh myself 2 days later I have lost it again. It is just water weight and fluid retention. Just keep up the good work!!! 3 weeks is awesome! I've only been back for 2 weeks and I gained weight. I am confident because I know it works. I'm sure you got fitter and healthier in that time too. :smile:

NO
    It takes a tremendous amount of work to gain muscle and with the exception of newbie gains, not possible in a deficit.
    OP, are you weighing and measuring your food?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

No to the muscle gain

It's probably water retention from starting an exercise program. My first two weeks I GAINED two pounds. But yes, are you weighing your food as well?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary we can help identify any issues

but could be water weight - and you could be due a big ol' whoosh
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you've just started working out this month, it could be water retention from starting a new workout routine. Or you could be eating at maintenance, regardless of eating "healthy". Are you tracking your intake? Eating healthy foods doesn't make you lose weight, eating at a calorie deficit does.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Your scale is not moving because it doesnt have legs.....