Pain ....

How did losing weight affect your body pain? I have pain in my Foot, my hands some days it feels all over my body .How did losing weight help your pain , how many pounds till you saw a change for the better ?

Replies

• FaithfulJewel
    FaithfulJewel Posts: 177 Member
    Depends on if it's skeletal or muscular, I guess?

From my experience, I had lower back pain (muscular, as far as I was aware) that had me laid up and crawling if I really had to move. When I lost about 20lbs (currently at just under 35lbs) I actually forgot what the pain was like. It's come back maybe once since I started CCing? And nowhere near as bad as before - but I have noticed now that if I do get lower back pain, it's more localised to my hip and radiates down my leg, but it's really not as bad as before.

When it comes to "supportive" areas (lower back, legs, feet etc), any weight lost will be a benefit, as far as I'm aware. Every pound gone is one pound less for a damaged/in pain area to have to cope with.

Anything is better than nothing.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    completely different pain now. I have dozens of old injuries from my run in with an 18 wheeler 13 years ago, but now it's all more manageable and I know how to help it.
This discussion has been closed.