Quit Smoking and can't lose anything

Options
I quit smoking 9 days ago and haven't been able to lose anything! I've been staying under my calorie goal and I still gained 3 lbs! Any advice???

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i gained after i quit also. your body isn't burning 24/7 anymore. my doctor once told me that quitting smoking was better for your health than extra weight. if you have the two battles to stop smoking first and than lose weight.
    keep your chin up. it will begin coming off again soon. doesn't it feel good to be a nonsmoker? i sleep so much better, i was just telling my allergist the other day. i haven't had the flu or cold since i quit. no more excuses to lay around in bed being sick.

best of luck to you.
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    I'm no expert but I think those that are in the *know* may need to see your food diary so making it public might help people give you advice! Congratulations on quitting smoking! You'll love yourself for doing so once the cravings subside slightly and your lungs start feeling better! I quit a little under 2 years ago and best decision I have ever made!
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    congrats on your quit! :smile:
    give it time. your body is going to need awhile to adjust to not having nicotine. I quit almost 5 months ago and my weight flucuated alot at the beginning. drink lots of water and be proud of yourself. 9 days is awesome!
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    Don't give up! Quiting smoking is the greatest thing you can do. It's only been 9 days..it takes time to see change sometimes when you are changing your habits and what your body is use to..Keep it up!
  • angandq
    angandq Posts: 6
    Options
    The time that I quit smoking for three months I just kept myself really busy doing housework, yard work, and of course going for a jog/walk. I think because I stayed so motivated it all balanced out for me. However, I still smoke and really want to quit. I am just so grumpy with everyone when I try. Any advise for me :) Stay motivated & congratulations :)