From Carbs Junkie to Protein Goddess

Options
13»

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I aim for 100g of protein per day on a 2000 calorie diet. The balance is a little more tilted toward carbs on the weekends though, as I generally do a long run. Feel free to stalk my diary for ideas if you would like.
  • charlesdphillips3
    Options
    I also am looking to cut triglycerides= starches... plus prediabetic so have to watch the sugars. Watch out for the greek yogurts, I love them and they give a good protein amount but can be high in sugar.
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Watch out for the greek yogurts, I love them and they give a good protein amount but can be high in sugar.

Definitely. I love plain Fage Total - not the fat free or 2%. It's got the lowest carbs and highest fat of any yogurt I've checked. And I only have up to 1/2 cup a day so there's only 4 g. carbs. It's hard to find though (at least in Anchorage). There are only two stores in town that carry it, and they are out of it about half the time I go looking for it.
  • grapefruitannie
    grapefruitannie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I aim for 100g of protein per day on a 2000 calorie diet. The balance is a little more tilted toward carbs on the weekends though, as I generally do a long run. Feel free to stalk my diary for ideas if you would like.

Thank you :smiley:
  • grapefruitannie
    Options
    I also am looking to cut triglycerides= starches... plus prediabetic so have to watch the sugars. Watch out for the greek yogurts, I love them and they give a good protein amount but can be high in sugar.

will do thanks :smiley:
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've recently started adding greek yogurt and canned tuna to my diet.

For meat I usually have lean chicken or fish. I'm not a red meat fan either.
  • grapefruitannie
    Options
    I've recently started adding greek yogurt and canned tuna to my diet.

For meat I usually have lean chicken or fish. I'm not a red meat fan either.

Thanks for your input Chris