Options
    An article about some doctor's tweets on ozsinbox
    http://mdigitallife.com/the-worlds-doctors-pile-on-dr-oz-twitter-hashtag/
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Love the autism responses on it, so good.

Such an idiot.

I loved this too (I only saw one - the one from the person who had just received the flu shot and was wondering when he could expect to develop autism).

My son is autistic and intellectually delayed. Until I put her in her place, my BIL's current girlfriend was constantly bombarding me with messages about "how to get (my) son back." (That's weird, I thought he was right here!) Yep, they're rife with Oz-esque comments.

I actually told her at one point that if she didn't stop, I was blocking her from my phone. This was while my family was on vacation, and she texted me so continuously over a period of several hours that my text usage (I'm on limited) was filling up faster than I could delete. I was getting new texts AS I deleted which is why I couldn't keep up.

Funny, her "methods" for "getting these kids back!!!" keep changing with the wind - Oz would be proud! :lol: ETA: Oh, and she ALWAYS touts "her website" and her "catering business" while doing this - I have a feeling Oz would like that too.
  • PeterSedesse
    Options
    In the beginning, he was actually accurate. At some point he stopped trying to teach science, but instead started to create it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    557.gif
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Love the autism responses on it, so good.

Such an idiot.

I loved this too (I only saw one - the one from the person who had just received the flu shot and was wondering when he could expect to develop autism).

My son is autistic and intellectually delayed. Until I put her in her place, my BIL's current girlfriend was constantly bombarding me with messages about "how to get (my) son back." (That's weird, I thought he was right here!) Yep, they're rife with Oz-esque comments.

I actually told her at one point that if she didn't stop, I was blocking her from my phone. This was while my family was on vacation, and she texted me so continuously over a period of several hours that my text usage (I'm on limited) was filling up faster than I could delete. I was getting new texts AS I deleted which is why I couldn't keep up.

Funny, her "methods" for "getting these kids back!!!" keep changing with the wind - Oz would be proud! :lol: ETA: Oh, and she ALWAYS touts "her website" and her "catering business" while doing this - I have a feeling Oz would like that too.

How to get your son back...When people say stuff like that in reference to autism I get so upset.
  • LettingTheSmallStuffGo
    LettingTheSmallStuffGo Posts: 72 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    He's clearly all about the money.
  • dw7711
    Options
    PeteSede wrote: »
    In the beginning, he was actually accurate. At some point he stopped trying to teach science, but instead started to create it.
    This is true. He played it safe long enough to get the trust of a bunch of viewers, and then he pulled out the money-making pseudoscience. He did it pretty gradually, too. Started introducing a new homeopathic remedy every once in a while and making claims that were annoying but not too incredibly out there like that it's important to buy multivitamins from large companies. It made him seem like a reasonable doctor who mostly stuck to what they taught in med school but had no problem acknowledging it if he found a naturopathic solution that worked. He sort of eased his viewers into the "new Dr. Oz" so the change wouldn't seem as outrageous.

• HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    He uses the word miracle so often, I started to hear a Spanish accented voice in my head saying, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    He looks scary in the clips showing him in the hearing
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    kelly39014 wrote: »
    Wow I didn't know so many people hated Dr. oz

The guy is selling stuff and pretending that its medical advice.

I saw part of his show twice. One time, he was selling storage containers and actually pretended that, medically speaking, this storage container was better than that one.

It's just wrong on so many levels.

He gives all doctors a bad name when he does that.
  • fenshae
    fenshae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ahh, that is so satisfying.