First day of Couch 2 5k... anybody else just starting?

Options
2»

Replies

• deannafaye94
    deannafaye94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started today! I'm following a slightly quicker programme though that starts you off running 3 minutes and walking 1 minute 7 times because I'm reasonably fit and could run for 30minutes straight about 2 months ago. My main aim is just to get my speed up because I'm a really slow runner :ohwell: I was averaging (including the walking) a 15 minute mile today which I really want to improve on. I'm aiming to be able to do the whole thing in under 28 minutes eventually (the marine standard)
  • Ashleygrand86
    Ashleygrand86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this tonight. I was wondering if you could do this on a cross trainer though because the weather up north is a bit pants! x
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm actually starting today also. Want to friend up to motivate each other?? Although I'm not in terrible shape, I've never been much of a runner. I would really like to complete a 5K at some point in the near future.
  • LeighAnnH75
    LeighAnnH75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 5 day 3 ( never thought I could do that one!) I'm repeating weeks due to a past knee injury. Just taking it slow and getting stronger! Feel free to add me. Could always use supportive running buddies =)
  • smfletcher9
    Options
    I just started also! I'll be completing Week 1 Day 3 today. I'm really hoping this works!
  • stefne777
    stefne777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started yesterday! being that this is my second day I am really surprised and how much I can run and walk at my weight. And with my music playing it flys by. Is it supposed to be a 6 week program and you are able to do the 5K?
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I completed it once, ran a couple 5Ks, took too long of a break, tried to restart and got sick and didn't finish, and now I restarted again on Tuesday (2 years after the first round)!

It's a great program, and - like others always say - if I can do it, anyone can :P Feel free to add me and we can get through it together!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I just did my third day.. I will have to repeat week one at LEAST once.(and probably every other week as well:smile: ) I ran for two cycles then walked through the next run cycle, then ran the next one.. walked the next one... ran one more then walked the rest... Felt like I was going to die, but I didn't die. The FIRST day I could only run for two and a half repetitions of the run cycle, so I'm improving! I'm a 259 pound 41 year old woman so I know I won't complete the program as fast as most people, but I WILL complete it.. My 5K is in October.. if I have to walk part of it I will, but I want to run as much of it as I can!
  • danglewtf
    danglewtf Posts: 29
    Options
    Great decision!
    I attempted c25k last year, but balked at the long run in the middle. This time I KNOW I'm going to break on through!
    I've just started wk3, but I'm taking it a lot more slowly this time round - repeating each week to make SURE I've nailed it before moving on.
    You can do it - it's just a matter of putting one foot in front of the other. :bigsmile:
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! :flowerforyou:

I've been doing elliptical to build up my stamina and will start next week. Honestly, the biggest hurdle is mental. I'm a bigger person and had fear I won't be able to run.

I've received so much encouragement from MFP people especially on the C25K board so I know I can do it.

Feel free to add me and we'll cheer each other on to the finish line!

Slainte! :drinker:
  • Ronda73
    Ronda73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just did week 2 day 2 this morning. Then I did some more walking and running when I was done. I like to do at least 3 miles each time I go out.
    A couple times I just went out and did my own thing. Ran for as long as I could then walked. I found after doing that when I came back to the program it was easier.
    My problem is my breathing. My legs are fine but my lungs just can't keep up. So if I have to repeat weeks I'm ok with that. I'm just taking it slow and steady.