Late night snacking is the problem

Options
Well, I've been back on here for a couple of months now and seen some great progress. Recently I've stopped losing and I'm just maintaining at 150lbs. I would like to drop another 5-10lbs but I am really struggling in the evenings. I stick to my meal plans for the most part every day and then exercise in the evenings every other day. Once I sit down after I put my kids to bed, lately, I've been giving in to cravings and old habits and hitting the sweets and chips.

I'm frustrated with myself because I don't do it because I'm hungry. I do it because I'm lonely and bored. Can anyone help me find motivation to stop? After I shoved about 500 calories down last night after my perfect day otherwise, I got upset with myself. That's not the first time I've done that this week.

I am close to my goal and it's not that I haven't lost any more weight because of this that bothers me, it's more the risk I'm running of getting worse the longer I do it. Instead of maintaining, I will start gaining again.

Any help, words of wisdom or whatever would be really appreciated right now.