Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just started a vegetarian diet.. weight loss questions.

2»

Replies

• ceimi
    ceimi Posts: 25
    edited November 2014
    @Kyla So far I love it. I made sure to seek out some recipes to make for when I started. For me, chicken started tasting like (GASP) wet dog! At least, imagine tasting that awful smell I've never ACTUALLY ate wet dog haha! I just found the weight loss weird since I was eating roughly the same amount of calories I ate before, I just changed the type of food I ate. :)
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Hey! First off congrats on the change! I eat minimal meat but I have some backyard chickens so I still eat a lot of eggs.

As far as you consuming less water lately that is probably due to the amount of water you are taking in from fruits and veggies. It is very possible to get a majority of your daily water intake from foods. This is assuming your vegetarian diet isn't all pasta and rice ;)

It certainly makes sense to lose weight by becoming vegetarian. Especially if meat was causing inflammation for you. I'm no expert but I notice a clear difference (loss) in my weight on weeks I am meatless.
  • ceimi
    ceimi Posts: 25
    @Miss_Mabee Thanks! I haven't had any eggs yet since I started since I'm still pretty stocked on bananas, but once they run out that will be my go-to breakfast until I can get some more haha! As much as I enjoy the weight loss, I've always come to believe that you should aim to lose no more then ~2.5 lbs depending on how much a person weighs, so it just threw me off guard a bit. :)