Strength Training Friends needed!

Options
Hello, Just started Strength this week and I would like more strength training friends!
I go to the gym 5 days a week and Strength train 4 out of the 5.
Still a Newb haha

Replies

• theskipper54
    theskipper54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg! I do the same thing, however I am using a Trainer. I've done some sort of strength traing all my life, but I need the motivation. Good luck in acheiving your goals!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I lift four days a week and do cardio one day, feel free to add me! <3
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had been very active in the strength game in my younger days. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
  • MegzC321
    MegzC321 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm just getting into strength training again. I was just doing cardio for about a month and people were saying yes I will lose weight by will turn skinny fat! I don't want to be skinny I want to be FIT!
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just did strength training at the gym this morning for the first time in soooo long. I'd really rather be doing just cardio, but I know weights are so good for me. I'd love some encouragement to keep going (and to encourage others!)
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 5 days a week, Add me if you like!
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Check out the Stronglifts 5x5 for women group! Lots of great support there.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Gym's been my life for 13 years mostly on a 3 day split. Add me if you like!
  • MegzC321
    MegzC321 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    arrrrjt wrote: »
    Check out the Stronglifts 5x5 for women group! Lots of great support there.

Thanks I'll check it out!
  • MudLover007
    Options
    Hi Megan,

I strength train and love it. I'm a cardio enthusiast at heart, but over the past few years have added in strength training. Really fun to watch new muscles pop out. :D
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    If you ever need advice or have questions add me and ask away. I try to help as much as I can.
  • The0dora07
    The0dora07 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Strength trainer here! I despise cardio :neutral_face: I do it, because I know it's good for me, but I enjoy strength training 3-4 times a week and yoga once a week. You're not alone :#
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The0dora07 wrote: »
    Strength trainer here! I despise cardio :neutral_face: I do it, because I know it's good for me, but I enjoy strength training 3-4 times a week and yoga once a week. You're not alone :#
    Ha, that's pretty much my exact schedule!

Lift Monday Thursday Saturday, yoga friday, cardio somewhere in the middle!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    I am ancient.

I strength trained 1981-1990, dabbled a bit again in 2000 and restarted since 2012. I got a neurological disease in 2011 which affects balance so it is not safe for me to carry plates from the rack to the bench anymore. I am limited pretty much to machines and cables with some dumbell work.

I do small daily splits and reverse pyramids.
  • goodnewz1
    Options
    I'm new to this site, but not new to the exercise and weight loss lifestyle. I am 60 pounds lighter than I was 10 years ago, but find that as I'm getting older (50) it's hard to keep the weight off. I love Zumba, but I'm trying to add strength training. I'd love ideas and support!
  • EMergise
    EMergise Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I currently only do high rep weights (e.g. body pump) but I am looking to start strength training properly. Would appreciate support too!
  • DaniWhis
    DaniWhis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I prefer strength training over anything else! I'm strength training 4~ times a week (circuit training), and doing some HIIT and yoga. I would love some friends! My diary is open, and I'm on here way too much. :)