I just don't know anymore...

Options
13»

Replies

• ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is a myth. I'm so sorry to hear you're unhappy, OP! Would it help you to perhaps, snack on filling foods, like vegetables and fruits, prior to going out for social events? That could aid you in not "overeating" in restaurants, so you don't go over your daily calorie intake. I hope your relationship with food improves. Please don't let the fear of gaining weight stop you from living your life in a way that makes you happy.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I hope your relationship with food improves. Please don't let the fear of gaining weight stop you from living your life in a way that makes you happy.

Thank you! Yeah - this is my main issue right now. I've developed a real bad relationship with food and it's making me anxious because...well...we need food to live and survive. I don't really have a problem with my diet per se, it's more along the lines of the toll it's taking on me emotionally.

• AnthonyThrashD
    AnthonyThrashD Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    When I feel broken, I take a break. Maybe weighing and counting your fav high calorie foods might be enough to help you lose weight, without tracking everything.

• mhowes87
    mhowes87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sometimes up-ing your calorie intake is better than lowering it, especially when you plateau. At 1,200 calories your body might not being getting the proper fuel it needs to function so it goes into hibernation mode which means your body is storing calories instead of burning them because you're not eating enough.