Vegetarians?

Options
2»

Replies

• Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Been veggie for about 6 years now, feel free to add me fellow vegetablists B)
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm far from a vegetarian ....but...

1) Squash - Amazing in The Oven
    2) Tuna - Mix with LIGHT mayo, add some vegetables & put into a wrap
    3) Kale & Spinach - Tastes amazing with Yogurt Ranch Dressing
    4) Bananas - Should I say More?

List goes on & on!

#NeverGiveUp
    200LBS Gone!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian for 10 years and now vegan 3 years
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    8 years veg now. Diary is open if you want to browse.
  • rebecca7436
    Options
    Hi everybody I am new to my fitness pal I was tracking with another application but needed a change I have been a Vegetarian 1 year this month. I have food sensitivities so I don't drink cow’s milk and I eat almond cheese. I am finding that I need to be a healthier Vegetarian and I am moving towards being a Vegan. I am hoping I can get some great ideas. :D
  • lizzie6580
    lizzie6580 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I was pescetarian from May, 2003 - February, 2013 and have been vegetarian from February, 2013 - present. I would like to go fully vegan for animal rights reasons (I would say I am already 75% vegan), but am struggling with the stigmas attached with veganism. On the one hand, I am lucky in that I LOVE vegetables and always have (my mom jokes that I was the only kid who requested spinach at every dinner growing up). But, on the other hand, I am extremely busy and usually eat half of my meals on the run every week. As a result, I made poor choices all summer and was diagnosed as anemic late last month. Needless to say, my co-workers and friends who are critical of veganism saw this as proof that the it is a bad "diet." Honestly, I just think I was lazy and didn't eat the right foods. I ate a lot of "franken-foods" like fake meats, fake corn dogs, fake cheeses, etc. While I think those foods have a <limited> place in my diet (similar to other junk foods), I mistakenly used them to fill my diet, not supplement it. Since then, I have tried to do my best, but I realize that I just don't have all of the information I need. I have an appointment with a nutritionist tomorrow who specializes in vegan and vegetarian diets, so I am excited to see what she has to say. I signed up for this app/website because she wanted to see my diet the 5 days before we met. I have been tracking since Saturday, but only just now looked at the forums page. I was excited to see this string of comments. :-) Anyway, I would love to have people to bounce ideas off of, and/or discuss recipes and new foods. I am probably going to "friend request" everyone here because I think creating a community helps everyone feel more connected and accountable, but I truly understand if you aren't interested. I wish everyone all the best, and thank you all for your input and opinions. ~Elizabeth
  • cassiehworth280
    cassiehworth280 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm a 30+ year happy vegetarian. I cook every day and like whole foods . I'm 42, live in the U.K. And have 22llbs to lose (I'm only 5'2", so every bit shows!!) I'd love to have some more buddies, please feel free to add me!
  • AliAlabamaBear
    Options
    Hi everybody!

I've been a vegetarian 14 happy years and as of today became what I am calling 'date night vegan'... Basically I am totally vegan apart from special occasions. I would love to be complete vegan 24/7 - but I am weak! I love cheese! The idea of never eating cheese again... *shudders*

I have found MFP teaming with meat eaters and protein fiends, so its nice to see some veggies coming out of the woodwork!

I would love to have some veggie friends so feel free to add me :-)