I'm going to cry!

Options
This whole losing weight thing has been a major struggle for me. Anyone who has read some of my previous posts probably already knows I am in recovery from bulimia. I have in the past two months started a needed medication, and it is the first one to ever work for me. However, even "weight neutral" medications seem to make me gain, as this one did. It's hard enough seeing my ticker not move a single pound at months, seemingly stuck at 0, but checking in and having to add more weight than my start weight makes me just about ready to give up.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    That has to be frustrating. It is hard when you must struggle harder to do what others make look easy. Crying may help a little, but giving up will not help at all. Have a good cry if you want. But don't give up. Keep fighting.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a marathon and not a sprint. It is a lifestyle change, not a momentary fix. Have patience, you are not alone in your struggle and remember, this is only a moment in time. Control what you can control, just check what you are doing as far as your food and exercise is concerned and let everything you can't control work itself out.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    If the medication works for you, stick with it! Decide that your progress will be internal first: mentally and physically. Decide that this part of your journey will be healing from the inside out. I guarantee you, once you make strides on that healing you outer self will follow!

Think of watering a plant: get the water to your roots first. If you just pour water on the leaves (i.e. your outer appearance) the plant will wither. Nourish yourself first.