Alcohol and weight loss

Options
13»

Replies

• AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I was able to drink two glasses of wine last weekend, but I have the open calories. That is the only time I have drank. I don't think (at this point anyways) I will drink if I can't afford the calories.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Caloric deficit is all that's required for weight loss; doesn't matter how you get there.

Flagged three times for this?! Oh, MFP, build the like button already!

Agreed, there really needs to be a way to balance out the stupid people.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I have had no problem achieving my goals while drinking pretty regularly. If it fits in your calorie goals you should still be able to lose.
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've had a glass or two of vodka and diet tonic every day and I don't feel that it kept me from losing before and I don't blame it for being the size I am now (that's the fun of fast food and ice cream!).

Honestly, it's being honest in your diary and accounting for everything you consume. If you have the room, and you're honest amount the amount you're drinking (measure, measure, measure) you'll be just fine.

<3
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    WildOkapi wrote: »
    I don't do 'splurge' days - I factor the alcohol into my daily calories.
    same here

• DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Caloric deficit is all that's required for weight loss; doesn't matter how you get there.
    exactly

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i drank all the drinks on super bowl sunday ;) LOLOL

but its a rare treat. i rarely even have a glass of wine anymore, simply because id rather eat my calories than drink them :neutral_face: