• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I love the Ninja

29509743.png
  • oldantired
    oldantired Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have an inexpensive Cuisinart that works fine. It blends spinach, cucumber, banana, flax and berries du jour very smoothly. Sometimes I'll throw in an avocado and/or yoghurt.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I think I'll look into the Vitamix, and maybe make puppy faces at Santa this year, lol!

I recommend the refurbished ones over used like craigslist. Same price, probably newer and comes with a warranty
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a Black and Decker ProBlend that was a gift about 5 or 6 years ago. It was used minimally until the past 30 days where I've been making fruit smoothies (no ice, it can't handle ice - but it does frozen fruit just fine) 4-5 days a week. It's been working great for me. I've read awful reviews on this blender but so far mine is still working and meets my needs.

*finds some wood to knock on*
  • goanothermile
    goanothermile Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a Blendtec but kind of wish I had a Vitamix.

Same here. Had the Blendtec for probably 5 years or so. No particular problem with it, but I think the Vitamix is probably a better unit overall.

I think the Blendtec is more complicated than it needs to be. All those different settings are just confusing.

• RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love my ninja, and haven't had any problem with blending (probably because I never liked kale... )
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I have a Blendtec but kind of wish I had a Vitamix.

Same here. Had the Blendtec for probably 5 years or so. No particular problem with it, but I think the Vitamix is probably a better unit overall.

I think the Blendtec is more complicated than it needs to be. All those different settings are just confusing.
    All I ever use virtually is "smoothie".

What I don't like is I burn through about a pitcher a year. They tell me not to put them through the dishwasher (though my d/w has no heat element so it's just water heat), not to press on the lid, spin the blade before use if I haven't used it every day, and some other tips. It just feels a little high maintenance. Though while it's been under warranty they have replaced the burned out pitchers free, but that ends in a year or two.

At least it can sit out, under a cabinet. I think the Vitamixes are all too tall for that, or they were when I chose. If I had to pull this out to use it, I rarely would.