I want to become fit...

Options
Beginning of this year my goal was to loose the weight i gained at University. So far i have lost 15kg. Almost at my goal. But i feel like for the first time in my life i need to get fit. I have loose flabby skin, i have cellulite and i want to have muscle and excuse my language a tight butt. The problem is i live in a small town with no gym, and no friends that are willing to exercise with me. I tried staying motivated, going for walks with the dog etc but its hard for me to go excising on my own. I have never been the type of never been fit. I need advice on how to stay motivated and what exercise to do , that's easy and i will enjoy. I really want to do this, but so far eating healthy has been much easier. But i am no longer satisfied with just loosing weight i want to look good in a bikini this time next year.

Replies

• nikiramirez
    Options
    I hear you! At-home exercise is actually my favorite, but it took a while for me to find a program that I loved, that I wanted to do pretty much every day; but since I have found actually a couple that I do love, it's easy now! Hey, also if you have a Facebook account, feel free to send me a friend request there too - I have a Fitness/Food motivational site in addition to my personal one. I post ideas everyday :) (https://www.facebook.com/niki.ramirez.90) - You can do this!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    "I need advice on how to stay motivated and what exercise to do , that's easy and i will enjoy."

First - no one is going to know what you will enjoy, you'll have to figure that out on your own. Everyone on here could share what they enjoy, but unless they give a personality profile along with it, for you to decide if it matches up to yours, not really useful.

Second - if it's easy then you won't get much if any results from it. Sorry, but the only reason the body makes improvements is because it's pushed to the limit, and then given time to recover and repair stronger. That won't happen with "easy" exercise.

Third - Take a picture of the stuff you dislike about your body, realize this is a result of just a smaller version of bigger self because you did no good workouts to change the body, and put the picture wherever your biggest distraction from exercise is. Computer, TV, magazines, game system, ect. Picture right there. May help you make the better choice of your time and do the workouts.

And yeah, walking the dogs isn't exercise that requires much in the way of improvement from a body, most people have been walking since a toddler, so pretty efficient at it already.

If you really want to do this - you will find a way, even with no gym or no friends.
    Think about something else in life you really wanted to do - and you did. Perhaps the diet fits the bill, perhaps something else.

Once you are convinced you really are honestly ready to do what is needed, look in to some kettleballs or dumbbells for at home to do some actual strength training for those muscles you want. It won't be easy.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    If you want a tight butt, then you need to get squatting! There's plenty of workouts available on the internet, Youtube, apps for your phone/ipad. Try out some body weight routines and see how you feel about strength training. Like the above poster said, if it's easy you wont get results.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    "
    If you really want to do this - you will find a way, even with no gym or no friends.
    Think about something else in life you really wanted to do - and you did. Perhaps the diet fits the bill, perhaps something else.

Once you are convinced you really are honestly ready to do what is needed, look in to some kettleballs or dumbbells for at home to do some actual strength training for those muscles you want. It won't be easy.

+1