The Scale Does lie!!!

Options
I have a weight Watchers digital scale. The problem is it doesn't read correctly. It has only given me my correct weight once before it began telling me I weigh 176. I Know I don't weigh that amount. How can I fix this or does anyone experience this issue with this scale? I got a new one because my last digie scale said I weighed 1548!!!! Now I know I am fat But Geesh Not that big! So out it went! Can anyone help me with this? It didn't come with a manual.

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Are you weighing yourself on a flat and hard surface?
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have a W.W. scale try to change the battery if nothing after that I don't know anything else to do... Good luck..
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have a WW scale......and never had a problem....mine is painfully accurate!!

I'd try changing the battery though.
  • carriersose
    Options
    Mine has lasted for ever, but once it started giving me 2 different numbers 10 pounds apart in 5 minutes- i went right for its heart and changed the batteries- its a new "person" and yes it is painfully accurate also
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I had a Weight Watchers scale a long time ago, I threw it out when it started no longer registering my weight :( Unfortunetly that WAS the truth! :(
  • Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    Excellent! I will change the battery then! Thank you everyone for posting
  • maggie80
    maggie80 Posts: 7
    Options
    I used to have one but i threw it away, now use the wii to weigh myself.
  • Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    @Maggie80 how accurate is the WII? I Have one but not the WII Fit games and boards
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    The wii's not too accurate for me. It says I'm about 20 pounds lighter than I really am (oh, but don't I wish that were true!). I heard somewhere that it may be the batteries in my wii that's throwing it off.... I still don't trust it.
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    I bought WW digi i thought was getting wrobg reading as feet were very slack so bought next digi 1 up (30 pound from argos) its 10x worse, throw it out the window,

My wii fit says im 1lb + 1lb - than my weight but is generally right.
  • FitnessOver50
    Options
    I hardly ever weigh myself - I think it is a waste of time to do so too often.

Instead, I look in the mirror. I know right away if I am on the right track or not.

Also, if I continue to exercise and eat the right kinds of food - weight is never an issue.
  • NCisME
    NCisME Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Different scales provide different results (unfortunately)..unelss they are precisly and frequently tared. I just use the same scale/ same placement / same day of the week / same time of day. A pound lost is a pound lost. I think that's the most important.

fyi, my doc noticed my weight loss and I told him how much I lost. He had me step on a scale and his scale said I weighed more. It did get to me, but then I realized again that although I don't know the true weight that I started at, I knew how many lbs I had lost.

fyi: it's 32 lbs total. (23 on my own with diet and excercise and 9 since starting MFP).