Weights

Options
Hi i do a mixture of cardio and strength training, but i have a function 5th December, i have a beautiful dress, but would really love to tone up more before wearing it, is it a case of just raising the weight for my strength training to get firmer and more toned?

Replies

• cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can get "toned" up that fast. It's only a few weeks and adding a little weight won't change your body comp that quickly.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    It's a matter losing more body fat.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

and
    I don't think you can get "toned" up that fast. It's only a few weeks and adding a little weight won't change your body comp that quickly.

Agreed.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

^ the magic answer you are looking for darlin!

• FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies and gent cardio and strength combined and stop being so impatient i guess
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    FionaHelen wrote: »
    thanks ladies and gent cardio and strength combined and stop being so impatient i guess

Yes, patience is a must. Jumping into any extreme diet for rapid fat-loss is a bad idea for long-term weight management as you risk not only putting the weight back-on but experiencing body-fat hyperplasia (aka body-fat overshooting).
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I would just spend some $$ to get your hair done right before, and maybe buy some new make-up. That way everyone will be looking at your face and not at the bits you may perceive need improving.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I would just spend some $$ to get your hair done right

What's wrong with her hair?? I think it looks kinda nice.