Weight training apps?

Any suggestions for good weight training apps?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    What exactly are you looking for from the app?
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Something to guide me through different exercises and new ideas for routines.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    I'm not aware of any that work that way. In some cases, once you decide on a routine you can find apps for that particular routine... but I don't know of any that include a variety of routines for you to choose from - there are just way to many options.

Something like jefit has a ton of lifts available, sorted by muscle group... and allows you to build your own routine.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Thanks. I'll look into jefit.
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Fitocracy
  • bren3jet
    bren3jet Posts: 33 Member
    Fitness Buddy
  • harakiri01
    harakiri01 Posts: 14 Member
    I think it's best to just spend a bit of time doing some research, an app isn't going to show you proper form etc. Just google 'weight training workouts' and you will get hundreds of great pages that will give you great ideas with pics and videos of how to do them. Over the past few years I've compiled a book for myself full of different workouts and then before I go to the gym I'll write up my own session based on what I want to work on. I find it really keeps me on track once at the gym so I'm not wandering around deciding what to do.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    I second jefit. You can enter your own routines with a great deal of customization, including supersets and rest times. You can also search for routines on the website.
  • dlvuyovich
    dlvuyovich Posts: 102 Member
    Bodyweight - You Are Your Own Gym
    Excellent app, I used it last night. It keeps time for you, shows videos before and during your work out and a lot of options to customize for target areas, time, type of workout, etc.
    No equipment needed, maybe a table/chair/door once in a while. I use it when traveling or did not make it to the gym.

I found myself folding laundry during rest periods and still felt 'the good burn'.
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    I love JEFit. When I had a ipod touch (pre-smartphone) I used Fitness Buddy. It's a good app as well.