where should I go for a healty dinner??? any suggestions

Options

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....

Well, what do you like to eat?

What are your options as far as where to go so we can help you choose one?
  • FitFunLosAngeles
    FitFunLosAngeles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has a portion of the menu that has lower calorie counts - I tried several of those dishes and liked them.
    At Mexican restaurants you can always order fajitas -- lots of veggies and very little fat.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Mexican style pork taco's on corn tortillas should be a pretty decent meal.
  • kiwigirl007
    kiwigirl007 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Chiptole. Oh my gawd Chipotle is my lyyyfe....
  • Cachita1
    Cachita1 Posts: 2
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I pretty much like everything but I like the applebee's idea they just opened one by my house.
    Thank you all. ;)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    most of the restaurants have calories listed here on the web. Logans, Red lobster or fast foods like subway which is my favorite.
  • evarga12
    evarga12 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Chiptole. Oh my gawd Chipotle is my lyyyfe....

+1
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes. People make fun, but it's a great place for a yummy salad and counts as being Not Home. :)
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Be careful with the fajitas. I looked up nutrition info on one at Applebees and it was around 1000 calories. I would go through the database here and get a feel for what menus have the best options. I do that, ie at Longhorn, Chipotle, Unos...
  • abby4359
    abby4359 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Be careful with Applebee's. Good calorie counts for a dinner, but loaded with sodium.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat? what are your goals?

Stop thinking of high or low calorie making it healthy or not. If you're going out pick something you enjoy, log your best estimate of what you've had, try to make your choice fit within your day.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Any place that serves food... ;)
    Eat what you want and enjoy it... One high calorie meal will not derail your long term goals.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Your kitchen?
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Ahh, we went to Cotton Patch for Veterans Day and I tried one of the lower calorie items (They don't have a "Low Calorie Menu" but I stalk nutrition graphs) and it was amazing. They do these things called "Right Size Plate" and even items not on that are a perfect size. They don't over-feed you there like most resturants. Cajun Trio (Tilapia with shrimp and a crawfish cream on rice) was the perfect portion and low calorie/fat!!!!!! Doo it. :)
  • Frankiigii
    Frankiigii Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Depends on your macros among other things. But for a treat I love Panera. Your best friend here is the internet; pick your favorite places and then go through the nutrition information. Planning ahead when eating out is very important.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Your kitchen?

What we aren't ever supposed to go out anymore?

There is an important part of losing weight, that is the mental health part, going out enjoying myself is all wonderful on the mental part, and helped to make it sustainable for me
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am of the belief that you can make just about any dining out experience fit into your day. It might take a little research and/or some common sense. :) I'm with Jasonmh630 on this. :)
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I am of the belief that you can make just about any dining out experience fit into your day. It might take a little research and/or some common sense. :) I'm with Jasonmh630 on this. :)

That's right... Gotta look at the big picture. ;)

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Applebees, Buffalo Wild Wings (get the naked tenders), Sushi.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    To the grocery store or...
    google for info. on foods at eat-out locations