Healthy Hangover Food

Options
What is your secret to curing that hangover hankering for fried, bad-for-you food??

My usual healthy alternative go-to is fresh cut fruit, but that is not doing the trick today. And as its time for lunch, I'm hoping for some good ideas (restaurant or home-made) that won't ruin my day.

Thanks!

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Smoothies!

And boatloads of soda water.

Also, if it's really bad, anything with electrolights!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Baked fries. They satisfy that need for fried food, without being fried.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    eggs!
  • LACnessMonster
    LACnessMonster Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Microwave Nachos - a serving of multigrain tortilla chips, with a serving of shredded cheese and a ton of salsa. If I have chicken or extra protein laying around, that too. Hits the salty and the fatty craving and comes in with decent protein. If you follow the serving size, you have your portion control as well. Also, a lot of water - dehydration tends to be what makes my cravings insane, so I push a ton of water and see how I feel before I jump off the deep end and eat a ton of food anyways.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs, reasonable portion of potato, serving of fruit, lots of water, and aspirin!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    eggs with lowfat cheese and multigrain toast with a tablespoon of I Can't Beleive it's Not Butter.

Trust me B)
  • kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good options everyone! I may have a fried egg and baked fries as suggested since those ingredients are here in my house.... but nachos AND smoothies do sound good! Actually, milkshakes from UDF are a great hangover cure, but I'm sure they are MUCH worse than a smoothie!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Smoothies!

And boatloads of soda water.

Also, if it's really bad, anything with electrolights!
    This pretty much.

Although I don't think I ever ate healthy when I had a hangover. I always ate fatty foods.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes are great for a hangover. They're even better if you eat a tomato the night before for preventing hangovers.
    Bloody Mary's are often popular for hair of the dog. You could just have a V8 though since you're probably craving salt.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    having a hangover that bad on a Friday morning is the real issue. Drink water, you are probably dehydrated
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Hangover where you crave food? You must not be doing hangovers right. If I am hungover the only thing I crave is my bed and darkness. :)
  • kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Dave198lbs wrote: »
    having a hangover that bad on a Friday morning is the real issue. Drink water, you are probably dehydrated

Trust me I know, just got my first full-time job and it was way easier to just sleep through it rather than get up and try to get work done. Don't worry, it wasn't a "bad" hangover, I just crave fatty foods anytime I drink more than a couple drinks the night before.

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Waffles....but that is my answer for everything.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Dave198lbs wrote: »
    having a hangover that bad on a Friday morning is the real issue.

Strong judgement based on nothing more than a day of the week.