Turkey Patties

Options
WanderingBomb
WanderingBomb Posts: 69 Member
Who here makes turkey patties? How do you prepare them and what kind of seasonings do you use?

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This was the last turkey burger I made. http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/10/thai-turkey-burgers.html

Not a burger on a hamburger bun, but very good and versatile. http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/07/turkey-burgers.html

• SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I practically live on turkey burger. My favorite is to get the 93/7 ground turkey and fry it seasoned with garlic and a lot of Mrs Dash. Cook it very quickly so it burns the spices a little bit. I then make a sandwich just like I would a hamburger. To me, cheddar cheese is a nice touch on that sandwich.

An alternative that my kids love is to plop the entire package into a frying pan and cut it with the spatula into little 1 inch squares. Then add a little soy sauce, liquid smoke, and fiesta lime Mrs dash. Again, cook it hot enough to lightly char the part that touches the pan surface. My kids call them "turkey balls". Of course, they like it even more with a little BBQ dipping sauce, but I like it right out of the pan.

My wife uses the 97/3 stuff to make chilli and a lot of other dishes that would usually call for hamburger.

Warning: It doesn't grill well. I don't know why, but it seems to practically dissolve over a flame.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Red onion, oregano and feta = yum!
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Minced Garlic and onions, 1 egg, 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (or 2/3 depending on your taste), 30ml ketchup, salt and pepper. Yummy! I had to switch to ground turkey for everything. Even extra lean ground beef or pork hurts my gallstones. :'(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Minced Garlic and onions, 1 egg, 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (or 2/3 depending on your taste), 30ml ketchup, salt and pepper. Yummy! I had to switch to ground turkey for everything. Even extra lean ground beef or pork hurts my gallstones. :'(

That's a meatloaf! Although I've never tried grilling mini meatloaves. Hmm...
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I find it bland, so in addition to adding salt, pepper, onion (either eggs/egg white or tomato juice, plus bread crumbs or oats to bind it), I throw in about 1 tbsp gold's horseradish-- peps it up a bit. I've also used red pepper flakes
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    We don't eat red meat except maybe once a month. We don't eat burgers except maybe one a month and when we do, it's turkey. I use turkey sausage for my patties so that way I don't have to add any extra seasonings to it (And it's lean and amazing). For four patties I crack and separate ONE egg into a coffee cup and whisk the egg white (Throw away the yolk). I mix each individual patty with some egg white and cook it on a grittle so I don't have any added grease. I actually made turkey burgers last night! I just so happened to take a picture of them as well! :)
    e87dm7725gs4.jpg
    v5mqzq9hmtel.jpg

It's a sausage turkey patty with an egg on top (Not fried. We fry nothing in this household!), avocado, spinach, tomato, organic mayo and caramelized onion on wheat bread. :) Turkey sausage really is better in my honest opinion.
  • JazzieG13
    JazzieG13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I practically live on turkey burgers too! :) Using a lb of 93/7 ground white turkey, I combine salt free seasoning, 2 slices Ezekiel wheat bread (run through the processer to make crumbs), 2 tsp minced onion that has been soaked in 2 TBS water for about 3 minutes and about 4 TBS whole berry cranberry sauce (mashed). I mix well, make 4 (4oz) patties and bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Usually, I brush the burgers with more of the mashed cranberry sauce about 3 minutes before coming out of the oven. Yum!