BMR AND TDEE?

Options
18 year old male my BMR came out to about 1500 give or take and my TDEE something around 2200 so should I be eating between those two? I'm worried eating that much will make me gain weight! Although also I probably only have another 3/4 pounds to lose really so I'm stuck! I exercise 4 days a week 2 cardio, 2 weights but other than that I'm pretty much a lazy watch netflix kind of boy so any help with calorie intake?

Replies

• Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    your BMR is what you need to SURVIVE - your basical bodily functions (like thinking and breathing and whatnot). Your TDEE is what you need to maintain your current weight (so staying the same weight you are now. If you cut your TDEE by 15% then you will lose weight and still be above your BMR (which the the MINIMUM amount you should be eating). So that will put you at around 1900 calories/day. I'd say eating between 1800 and 1900 would be good for you :o)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    With that little to lose, you should only be eating about 5-10% off your TDEE
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    For a young dude, a 2200 TDEE sounds pretty low, honestly. That's not a lot of calories. Eat up!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You would have to eat more than 2200 in order to gain, anything less than that and you will lose, though it is often suggested, if you don't have a lot to lose, not to eat under you BMR. That said with only 13 lbs to go, you should aim for somewhere between 0.5 and 1 lb/week weight loss, or 15% below TDEE which would be 1870 or 0.65ish lbs/week.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    How many times are you going to create threads asking the same thing?