Need opinions please :)

Options
So pretty much every week has started to look like this: t w th f -eat 1500ish, s-binge, sun-fast/low cal, m-low cal

Idk how to deal this. My weight also goes along with this. I'm wondering if maybe I should raise my daily maintenance?

Replies

• hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    what problem are you trying to correct exactly?

Also you probably need to say how many cals are on a "binge" day. People call something a binge but that can mean anywhere from 2000 to 10000 calories.
  • dinosaurtrain
    dinosaurtrain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Doesn't hurt to try raising your daily maintenance. Perhaps just add a couple hundred calories to your Saturday target and save them for the evening.

Don't try to starve off the binge, it sets you up for a hungry start to the next week. We you do binge, take it out on the gym the next day your probably stronger from the extra calories!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Your weight changes are probably due to water retention after a binge. It can take days for a binge to actually register on the scale for me. As long as your weekly average is at maintenance, you're fine.

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    All that matters is a weekly calorie deficit. Doesn't matter what you eat on any given day as long as you're in a calorie deficit at the end of the week.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You can cycle your cals, if that fits your needs better. Calculate your average daily cals over the course of a week. If the average is around your maintainance cals, you should maintain your weight.

If you cycle your cals, you will have larger daily fluctuations, but the longterm trend should still be steady.
  • hummingbirdhope
    hummingbirdhope Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Also you probably need to say how many cals are on a "binge" day. People call something a binge but that can mean anywhere from 2000 to 10000 calories.

My binges are usually anywhere from 1,000-5,000

I guess I should have included my stats too

5'4 female 24 y/o
    Weight ranges 104.5-108.5
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So you're underweight and have huge binges, those are red flags for eating disorders. Have you considered getting help?
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So you're underweight and have huge binges, those are red flags for eating disorders. Have you considered getting help?
    This

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

OP - I have said this in all your threads this week, you really may want to consider talking to a doctor about this potentially disordered thinking. Fasting after a binge or talking about taking a laxative because you are concerned about the weight fluctuations is not healthy...

• Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options

My binges are usually anywhere from 1,000-5,000

I guess I should have included my stats too

5'4 female 24 y/o
    Weight ranges 104.5-108.5

If they are truly "binges" as in, uncontrolled eating of everything in sight for emotional reasons then you need to work on the "WHY" of it. Why you are binging. That is what I had to do.

If it is just enjoying food then figure out how to work it into your week.

Some people count calories for the entire week and choose to "save up" for the weekends.
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    next time your considering 'binge eating' . .

Get a water bottle! Fill it up! You won't realize your hungry anymore! It will help control the cravings!

200LBS down!

YOU CAN DO IT!

#NeverGiveUp