• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    wjotfpptsleb.jpg
    here's the label

Not a real Philly cheese steak...discard & make a trip to PA...hit up Dalessandro's

I drove by there last night

Jealous...I wish they delivered out here

i'd be more concerned you have no tomato pie, no pizza and no cannoli

Why must you torture me like that? Next time you hit up the Conshohocken Bakery, ask them if they deliver.

My new office is like 5 min from there, srs

You'd best be sending me a care package then! :)

I guess you could freeze a pie and overnight it
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I would still question that label. Unless the thing is maybe 3" long, its probably not even close to 280 calories. Likely 4x that.
  • glevinso
    Options
    Oddly enough the macros on the label add up to 285 calories. But it says 117g for the package. Does that feel like 1/4lb to you? 4oz? Im guessing it is quite a bit bigger than that
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    wjotfpptsleb.jpg
    here's the label

Not a real Philly cheese steak...discard & make a trip to PA...hit up Dalessandro's

I drove by there last night

Jealous...I wish they delivered out here

i'd be more concerned you have no tomato pie, no pizza and no cannoli

Why must you torture me like that? Next time you hit up the Conshohocken Bakery, ask them if they deliver.

My new office is like 5 min from there, srs

You'd best be sending me a care package then! :)

I guess you could freeze a pie and overnight it

Not the same as fresh though...my mom has tried to bring soft pretzels out here before. They're WMD's by the time she arrives in town.

And now I'm craving tomato pie...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,424 Member
    Options
    I bought a phily cheesteak sandwich and the label says 282 calories per package is that possible?

If the label says it is 282 calories for this item then why do you doubt it?

I think it is possible because it is not a normal cheesesteak sandwich. The ingredients are different and probably the portion size is much smaller. Just don't expect to order a sandwich in future somewhere and have it be 282 calories just because this packaged item was.
  • glevinso
    Options
    I am always traveling with stuff like bread, soft pretzels and scrapple when I go visit my friends that have moved away.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    I am always traveling with stuff like bread, soft pretzels and scrapple when I go visit my friends that have moved away.

Do you bring pork roll & TastyKakes as well?
  • glevinso
    Options
    Haven't carried pork roll yet, but TastyKakes I sure have!

For the record, when they X-ray your carry-on bag and they see the scrapple in there, they will think its a brick of C4 or something. I have had my bags pulled apart and searched - only to find bricks of scrapple, and the TSA agents just shake their head and laugh.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Haven't carried pork roll yet, but TastyKakes I sure have!

For the record, when they X-ray your carry-on bag and they see the scrapple in there, they will think its a brick of C4 or something. I have had my bags pulled apart and searched - only to find bricks of scrapple, and the TSA agents just shake their head and laugh.

LOL!! That's hilarious...my mom brings pork roll out when she visits...I don't think the TSA has an issue with round pork products, LOL!
  • fatica357
    fatica357 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    wjotfpptsleb.jpg
    here's the label

I'd go for a Jim's or Ishkabibbles (spelling??) on South St.

Good gd it's been over twenty years since I had the cheese fries in a cup from Ishkabibbles on South St. and now I really want some. Does that place still exist?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    wjotfpptsleb.jpg
    here's the label

Nah, you have to find the sketchiest food truck in Center City and then buy it there.
    I had the best cheesesteak from one of those. No sign, just a menu on it; best advice I've ever gotten from my friend, lol.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    117g's for a sandwich? The cheese probably weighs more than that.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I bought a phily cheesteak sandwich and the label says 282 calories per package is that possible?
    more like 1282.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    That's not a real Philly cheesesteak. And I love Pat's and Geno's!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I think a New Year's cheese steak is in order now. Damn.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    That's not a real Philly cheesesteak. And I love Pat's and Geno's!

LOL, Pat's and Geno's are trash
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    fatica357 wrote: »
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    wjotfpptsleb.jpg
    here's the label

I'd go for a Jim's or Ishkabibbles (spelling??) on South St.

Good gd it's been over twenty years since I had the cheese fries in a cup from Ishkabibbles on South St. and now I really want some. Does that place still exist?

Ishkabibble was there when I went I think 7 years ago. Amazing. And I seriously have never understood the cheese whiz. Provolone all the way...
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Now I want a Philly cheese steak. With formed meat and greasy American cheese, fried peppers and onions, and it must be from a lunch truck. With a soft pretzel. All of it seasoned with eau de Bus Fumes. Oh, the memories.

Forgot - there must be brown mustard on the pretzel.