Universal Studios/Island of Adventure

Options
I'm taking a trip to Universal Studios in a few weeks (June 14th) and I am deathly afraid that I won't fit on the rides. I am 5'6 and currently 196 pounds. I really hope to lose 6 more pounds before we go. Any advice?

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I am 6'4...went on the rides when I weighed 280 lbs. I am a native floridian and my brother and I used to go and we would do single riders to ride as many rides as possible. I have sat next to ladies that were easily 250 plus.

I wouldn't worry about it another second you are nowhere near the weight where fitting on the rides is an issue.

ETA: Can't miss rides...Hulk, Spiderman, Rockin Rollercoaster, Harry Potter, Doom, Popeye, Jurassic Park, oh its all good...By far my favorite theme park.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I went to both places back in October. I am 5' 5" and was between 194 and 200 depending on the day when I went. I had no issues fitting into the rides. I didn't really go on rollercoasters however I'm sure you will be fine. When I was younger I went on rollercoasters when I was 210lbs... some were a tighter fit but I was fine.

Enjoy your trip!!! I would love to go back so much! My husband and I really enjoyed it there.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You should be able to ride the rides. I was 180 lbs when I went and I fit on the rides fine. Guys fit on the rides too at around 200 lbs. I only think you would have a problem if you were 300 lbs ( like I am now).

Have fun.
  • mjkingsbury
    mjkingsbury Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I love that place! We are going in November! We went a couple years ago, and I have almost exact stats as you... you will be fine! Just HAVE FUN! :)
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't have any trouble! I was there when I was almost 200 and I'm about 5'3" and I didn't have trouble. ENJOY!
  • kMcMahan2010
    Options
    I went to both parks in the end of april. I am 5'2" and at the time I was about 300lbs give or take. I was to big to go on one of the harry potter rides (I forget the name of it. But its the simulator type one), and that was only just barely to big. I didn't do any of the huge roller coasters so I cant tell you for sure on those. My mom is 5'5" and around 250 and she fit on all the rides she tried (all except any huge roller coasters). Dont stress, you will be fine. Enjoy your trip, and if you burn easily, bring lots of sun block!
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Go - have a great time and do not worry about "fitting"!!! You will be fine, don't let a silly worry like that cause you one bit of stress!! :drinker: