Serious Question - Don't laugh at me!

Options
I normally work out in knit capris, but it's starting to get cold, and I was thinking I'd like something to cover all of my legs. Does anyone actually workout in yoga pants? Is that even a viable option, lol?

Replies

• mildammm
    mildammm Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of compression tights? Running leggings?

What's the workout? Do you do it outside or in a gym?
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I hate running leggings. It's a me thing, lol. The workout is just walking and a yoga/pilates type thing I do in my bathroom (it's the size of one of my kids' bedrooms), which is why yoga pants occurred to me.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Why wouldn't you be able to work out in yoga pants? Every 3rd person at the gym is wearing yoga pants. If they're baggy and you're using exercise machines where it might get stuck, that would be one thing, but no, yoga pants original purpose was to be worked out in.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    If nobody can see you, then does it matter what you wear? I say just be comfy.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Sure you can do that, why not?
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Okay, I was just making sure. I'm a stay-at-home-mom, so I'm a professional cheapskate, lol. I didn't want to waste any money.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    If nobody can see you, then does it matter what you wear? I say just be comfy.

Yeah this, I don't get why it matters...if you're exercising alone in your bathroom, wear pajamas if you want to lol. I use a treadmill in my basement, and half the time I work out in my bra and a pair of old raggedy Thai fisherman pants with holes in the crotch lol no one can see me, so who cares?
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Lol, gurl you can workout in whatever you dream up when you're home. I personally like my workout outfits to be close to my body; wide legged pants trip me up. Yoga pants are meant for yoga-like things… or at least they're suppose to be. So, give them some dignity and use them for your exercises and not just lounging around!
  • Juju1970
    Juju1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I tried running in yoga pants and it was a disaster. had to pull them up every 10 feet. I finally decided I didn't care what I looked like. I pour my 250 pound body in to comfortable, breathable spandex running pants and hit the trail. If anyone has time to look at you while you are working out then they aren't working out themselves.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't get why this would be an issue in your own bathroom. I work out in old Supergirl shorts that have a couple of holes in them and a sports bra...with my hair in a ponytail and my bangs held back with a kid's pink headband. Oh, and barefoot. My dog doesn't seem to mind my attire, and she's the only one that sees me like that other than my husband (he doesn't seem to mind me walking around half naked early in the morning).
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's their original intended purpose. I like mine. Though, they're a style that is baggy around the ankles and I find I have to tie the drawstring quite tight not to have the pants drag themselves down when I'm running. They're technically too big for me though since I've had them for a while. They'll be perfect for walking and yoga.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I workout in yoga pants. My basement is too cold for shorts, and I'm not going to buy more clothes to work out in when yoga pants are perfectly fine.