Zucchini - I wanted to love you

Options
blondageh
blondageh Posts: 923 Member
I am a huge pasta lover. When I heard about these recipes where people are replacing the pasta with zucchini, I got excited. I even got a veggie spiral maker type thing.

This: 312233_10201068803139816_1705448673_n.jpg

It was really cool looking. I didn't actually get to try it as my husband was having fun playing with it.
So, I made these zucchini noodles with a really good Thai Peanut Sauce. See…it looks gorgeous. 263379_10201068876621653_1462338765_n.jpg

The sauce was to die for, but it couldn't mask the flavor of the zucchini. I forced every single bite down and packed the rest for lunch today. Here it is, 2:30pm, I skipped breakfast and I cannot force myself to eat this. I am not too picky, I will eat just about anything, but the thought of this zucchini is making me nauseous. I really really wanted to like it. I've had zucchini sliced into stir fry and I never did care for those few bites, but I still ate it. This is just too much. It was only about 130 calories too. Dang. What else can I use besides zucchini or does anyone know of a way to really mask the flavor rather than bring it out?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You are never going to make zucchini taste like pasta. You could try spaghetti squash, but it has a flavor similar to zucchini so you might not like that either.