Would you let fear of placing last keep you from competing?

Options
13»

Replies

• cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I would love say that I could do it, but in all honesty, I'm not too sure my confidence level, as it is this point in time, would allow me to do something like that - it would make me feel even worse and make my paranoia kick in, wondering if people are talking about me :x

Although, another part of me says I probably would just give it a go, hell with it!
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just do it for youself. Being out there and moving is a huge success in itself. I'm in a similar situation. I just started biking with a group of people and so far, I've been the last one in every time. Some of them have been riding for about 2 yrs. now. I haven't been that far behind them getting back in though. I also just had surgery 11 wks. ago. I surprised myself and rode 24 miles on Sunday [after riding 10 miles on Saturday] - I have never ridden that far before in my life! I can't wait to see how I progress as the summer goes. Good luck and keep pushin' on!! :smile:
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow...I sit here with tears trickling down my face......so many people with great words of wisdom. I can't thank you enough for the swift kick in *kitten* and all the encouragement. Tonight I did sign up for the Wine Glass 1/2 Marathon in October. Now all I have to do is grow a "set" get out the credit card and JUST DO IT!! Thanks again...you all rock