Gm diet

Options
Last week I started Gm diet , but I'll admit I made a few changes along the way to suit it best for me. Lost a good 6 pound. Yesterday though I had the munchies and even though I ate allowed foods I still gained a pound and a half, so I'm wondering if this is doable long term cause I need to lose about 45 pounds to get to where I want.

Replies

• harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wait, like General Motors diet? You eat cars?!
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    :# no, essentially eating only lean , unprocessed foods and drinking at least 2.5 lt water ( I know it sounds easy but I needed a push, and after a year of doing things my way , I caved when I wasn't seeing results
  • Juvenica
    Options
    DAY ONE
    All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consists of all fruits you want. It is suggested you consume lots of watermelon and cantaloupe. DAY TWO
    All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the new and cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the account or type. Avoid oil and coconut while cooking vegetables. Have large boiled potato for breakfast. DAY THREE
    Any mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet and no potatoes today. DAY FOUR
    Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk. You can also have one bowl of vegetables soup. DAY FIVE
    Today is a feast day. You will eat 1 (one) cup of rice. You also have to eat 6 (six) whole tomatoes and drink 12 (twelve) glasses of water today to cleanse your system of the excess uric acid you will be producing.
    DAY SIX
    Today is another all vegetables day. You must eat 1 cup of rice today and eat all the vegetables you want cooked and uncooked to your heart's content. DAY SEVEN
    Today your food intake will consist of 1 cup rice, fruit juice and all the vegetables you care to consume. Tomorrow morning you will be five to eight kilograms lighter than 1 week ago. If you desire further weight loss, repeat the program again. Repeat the program as often as you like, however, it is suggested that you rest for three days before every repetition.
  • Juvenica
    Options
    keep in mind that I did make changes , because I know that this much weight-loss is harmful and I'm not that much in a hurry to loose weight.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Cousin of mine did this. Wanted to "lose weight" and get rid of "toxins" in her body. I strongly advised her not to do it. She did it anyways and got terribly ill 3 days in.
  • Juvenica
    Options
    Really??? apart from yesterday I feel great, and am in a better mood than usual. I don't let myself feel too hungry and I know it's breaking the rules but I do use olive oil in my salads and I indulge my cravings. I just hope yesterday was an exception.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I did it twice before. Its the stupidest diet ever. How are you going to do this beyond one week? Also most of the weight loss is just water. Its bulls**t. Don't do it.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    WHY??
  • harlequin0318
    Options
    So you're gonna eat this way for the rest of your life?
  • Juvenica
    Options
    no , till I get my stomach a bit tighter I guess , and break up with chocolate ;) (very very long term love)
    Oh and , I don't know how , I ate lettuce ( I used to hate it )
  • harlequin0318
    Options
    Well to answer your question in the OP - no this is probably not safe to do long term. Just eat at the calorie deficit that MFP suggests and you will lose the weight
  • squirrelone
    squirrelone Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's just another in the infinitely long line of gimmick diets.

let me make it real simple. If you want to loose weight, the ONLY healthy and sustainable solution is to eat right and exercise.
    And eating right means eating proper food that fits your macro nutrient needs and a daily caloric intake that is below your TDEE but above your BMR.

everything else is pseudo scientific nonsense or unsustainable gimmicks.
  • Fruitylicious03
    Options
    Best diet ever!

....if you want to lose tons of muscle....
  • Juvenica
    Options
    :) I am working out meanwhile , to save muscle as much as I can. Told you I am not planning to do this my whole life , just till I lose those 45 pounds. by then I will have lost my appetite, at least that's what I hope.
  • squirrelone
    squirrelone Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Juvenica wrote: »
    :) I am working out meanwhile , to save muscle as much as I can. Told you I am not planning to do this my whole life , just till I lose those 45 pounds. by then I will have lost my appetite, at least that's what I hope.

You can lift as much as you like. If you are not getting the proper nutrients, your muscles will not benefit from it.

No matter what you want to believe, ridiculous diets like this are not a shortcut to anything more than health problems and muscle loss.
    Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to sell you something or completely ignorant to how the human body functions.

But by all means. Dig yourself into this hole. The longer you keep digging, the longer the climb out will be.
  • Juvenica
    Options
    well, thank you, everyone, got the answers I asked for.
  • Juvenica
    Options
    hahahaha in moderation :) will keep you posted
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Juvenica wrote: »
    hahahaha in moderation :) will keep you posted

:huh: