Richard Simmons

Bentleymama86
Bentleymama86 Posts: 89 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I love this man, and have gone from a size 22 to a size 16 since december using his workouts. However, most people seem to be using the newer stuff. Am I the only one who does his workouts?

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Richard who? Just kidding, but yeah I think a lot of his stuff is pretty out of date, but if you like it and it's working for you, who cares? Many on this site are into the beach body stuff and biggest loser stuff, but I say whatever works for you, then use it! Best of luck to you!
  • chessie11
    chessie11 Posts: 52
    I agree with iamladybird; if it works for you - keep using his workouts. Regardless of date, his energy is amazing!:smile:

BTW - Congratulations on your success, too!:flowerforyou:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    I don't use them but another lady on my list has been doing his sweatin to the oldies workout. I had some of the old VHS tapes but gave them away recently as I no longer had a working VCR. lol But if you enjoy it and it's working for you then keep on sweatin! They were a lot of fun.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    I have the original Buns of Steel from the mid 80's, pastel hilarius workout wear, cheesy . . . and I LOVE IT. Awsome workout.
  • Bentleymama86
    Bentleymama86 Posts: 89 Member
    I have the original Buns of Steel from the mid 80's, pastel hilarius workout wear, cheesy . . . and I LOVE IT. Awsome workout.

I use the sweating to the oldies and broadway sweat, and you are right. he does give you an awesome workout.
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    I started out using him and I think he's great. However I just can't get a good calorie burn with him anymore. I still use him every now and then for a light day.
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Love Richard Simmons workouts!! The sweatin' to the oldies have great music. Better than 30 day shred and lots more fun!!! I have the VHS from way back but you can go on his website and order the DVDs. Keep on sweatin'!!!!
  • I have them too and plan to use them as his moves are not all that fancy foot work and yet you get a great workout. I often modify my exercise to whatever someone is doing if it is too difficult or challenging for me.

I hurt my hips, back and neck in an injury so I do only what I can and tone it down as needed as per my physical therapist....but he keeps you pumped up with his attitude.

Just love Paul Eugene too...now he has a great attitude that makes you feel like you are not alone when you are exercising.

Check him out on www.youtube.com and just type in paul eugene and dance dance dance...or the warm up. Let me know what you think of him.
This discussion has been closed.