Weight predictions from MFP and question about calories

Options
So I plugged in my food for today and completed my entry. MFP predicted a weight gain of .7 over the next five weeks. Should I lower my calorie intake or do you think that is considered ok/maintaining? Thanks!

Replies

• myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    .7 is an insignificant amount of weight even for a 91 pound person. And it has not happened. So it's fine. You are so light that maybe you should be putting on more weight anyway.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    .7 is an insignificant amount of weight even for a 91 pound person. And it has not happened. So it's fine. You are so light that maybe you should be putting on more weight anyway.

How do you know she's 91 lb? If that's true, it's worrisome unless she's under 5' tall.

Definitely, you should check out the Gaining Weight topic.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I completely ignore what MFP says I'm going to weight in 5 weeks. I just doesn't happen for me. I set my calorie and macro goals according to my goals. If I'm trying to maintain, I monitor my weight and if it's changing over the course of 3 weeks, I make an appropriate adjustment.
    Allan
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    You don't eat the precise same amount of calories each day so don't worry. :) some days it says you would gain, some days it says you would lose. It balances out as long as you stay close to the amount you need each day.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    .7 pounds is 12 ounces. That's equivalent to a glass of water. Absolutely nothing to worry about.