Loosing weight to try to conceive

Options
Hi,

I've been using MfP for a couple of years now and was initially quite successful. I then lost motivation (was originally loosing weight for my wedding last year) and have struggled to get back on the wagon since. My husband and I are now trying to start a family but I think my weight is not going to help. Looking for some MfP friends in the same boat to support and offer advice if there any out there!!!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Laura eating more fat can be positive for some I have read but do your own reading and talking with your doctor in a case like this because web advice can be all over the board.

healthybabycode.com/5-myths-about-pregnancy-nutrition-1-a-low-fat-diet-is-the-best-choice
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You have a great motivation! Add me!
  • lizfiz50
    lizfiz50 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat- I have to get down to 180 to safely carry a child to term.
  • fabidevo
    Options
    at the end of the day whatever your primary motivation or incentive to start to live a better, healthier life is just that, an incentive. over the course of your journey/adventure you will learnt hat you may have started this for something external or for a certain goal. but a yu go on you start to realize all you need is to do it for yourself because you love the positives from just doing it. enjoy the process