I'm Back...?

Options
It has been such a long time... I've been wanting some guidance, and I thought MFP is just the place. I want to be healthy, but not "obsessed" healthy, if that makes any sense. When I was really active on here 3 years ago I had awesome results, but certain aspects COMPLETELY took over my enjoyment of life...and I really don't want that. My self acceptance is much greater now than it was then as well. I know balance is always the struggle but something is better than nothing at all. Any suggestions... ??

Replies

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Don't think about it like a huge life change or a job. Look it at it like something good that's adding to your life. I haven't changed any food I eat but I definitely am more aware of portion sizes. I haven't become exercise addicted but I do see the relationship between burning more calories and getting to eat more food. Also I find that little goals help a lot. Tell yourself that you'll log for one week. I did that and now it's been 20 days. My goal is to get four hours of cardio a week. Many weeks I go over that but I don't feel that I have to. I'm working on moderation too but MFP is a great tool to use when you need it!
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    Thank you @Tblackdogs. :) I think last time I tried to change too much too fast... ease definitely needs to be part of my new focus.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    My suggestion?

Stop ending everything in a question mark and declare your intent to the whole world. Be firm and unflappable in your determination.

Make a statement.

Make a vow.

Make a promise to yourself and your family and give your word.

Then live up to it.

Not... ? But !!!!

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I would say treat it how you want it to be. MFP is a tool adapted for everyone so just do what you need. wish you well on your journey