Lazier on weekend

Options
Anyone else like this? I get most of my steps in M-F, with doing errands, working part time and working out. Weekends my husband and I are out performing magic shows, so I don't get alot of steps/workouts in. And weekend days we aren't performing, we like to just be lazy. I have a vivofit, and weekends it's almost a constant red line...lol

Replies

• splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sleeping

• 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Not here! Satuday morning is meant for the 10 mile run I can't get in during the work week. Followed by either rock climbing or sailing. Both solid workouts, and then usually walking around an amusement park pushing a stroller. I'd say I get twice the workout in on weekends than I do any given weekday.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Weekends I rest. I do cardio workouts M-F and weight training MWF. So all I do on the weekend is the run with the dog 1.5 miles.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I like the weekends because I have more time - and can do longer workouts!
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Poofersgrl wrote: »
    Anyone else like this?

Yes. I still get my workouts done, but rather than doing them first thing in the morning like I have to do during the week, I keep putting them off until mid afternoon. And forget about steps. I can do 15k to 20k steps during the week. On weekends I'm usually around 3k or 5k.

It's not all bad though. I'm a disciplined nap taker on weekends.
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    I still try to get a work out at my gym on the weekend, or at least switch it up with some cardio.
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If I don't plan a workout for the weekend, it doesn't happen. I tell myself I will do something "later", but it rarely happens. I try to do something soon after I get up and promise myself a nice nap or meal afterward.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm generally more active on weekends because I actually have time. During the week I'm stuck behind a desk most of the day and get out during my lunch break to exercise and then hit the gym a couple nights during the week.

On the weekend I have my Saturday lifting session with my trainer and usually bike to and from the gym which gives me a reasonably good 20 mile round trip ride. I usually do a 30 mile + ride on Sunday mornings as well. Plus, I'm doing stuff around the house/yard and doing things with my kids like going to the zoo and whatnot.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Weekends are for the fun stuff! We go on longer bike rides or drive to a new hiking spot. This Sunday was pretty lazy for me: we went sailing, but the winds were light, so there wasn't as much work involved as usual.
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Weekends are for the fun stuff! We go on longer bike rides or drive to a new hiking spot. This Sunday was pretty lazy for me: we went sailing, but the winds were light, so there wasn't as much work involved as usual.

That's the kind of weekend I enjoy! You can sit at home every night. Get out of the house on the weekends!