Weight monitoring on C25K

Options

Today I completed W2D2 of C25K, and it's challenging enough to bring out a sweat and breathlessness, but not too tough that it's intimidating me. I'm also cycling more than before, and I'm tracking every morsel of food and drink on MFP.

My goal is fitness related, and I have timelines for that, but as I'm heavily overweight too then my secondary goal is to be slimmer.

I've never really been a weighing-scales person, so apart from medical check-ups at work every 6 months, I have no other monitoring. I have a vague idea of what I weigh.

My question is - should I get a weighing scales and start tracking that too, or just focus on the exercise and nutrition with my health goals, and co-incidentally check my weight at the end of the C25K plan? Or might it be more motivation for my health if I also monitor my weight?

It would make sense to do it all together, but I don't want to get so caught up in weight loss that if I don't lose, say, 1lb one week that I'll get disheartened and lose motivation.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Save yourself and DON'T get one! Judge by the way your clothes fit.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Doing C25K doesn't mean you have to weigh yourself.

If you're content not weighing, don't weigh! :)
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    OH, I know you don't need to weight yourself on C25K, it was more general if people find they get more or less motivation if they also weigh themselves.