fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    How beautiful!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    stackhsc wrote: »
    mochapygmy wrote: »
    Very nice! This post is making me reconsider a trail race in December . . .

Do it, you'll love it. look into things called micro spikes... i think kahtoola makes them, about 50-60 a pair, they are awesome for icy trails

I'm not "supposed" to be running due to a hip injury but I did a trail run 2 weeks ago and it was gorgeous. Like running in a Robert Frost poem.

Thanks for the tip about the spikes!
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I miss the trails already. I don't think I will be venturing onto them until the snow is gone.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I miss the trails already. I don't think I will be venturing onto them until the snow is gone.

snow shoes and micro spikes will fix most of those MissyJ. Its actually very enjoyable in the snow

Mochapygmy, id run trails exclusively if i could but i have to drive to get to them so frequently the road or the treadmill are my only options, but i agree, running trails is so enjoyable, its an experience every time. So much harder to do but yet so much easier on your joints... or atleast i find.

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I love these pics! Makes me miss the snow. I just started to run outside and have not touched the treadmill since. It is very hard for me to transition from running outside from the treadmill. I can do 30 min on the treadmill, but outside, just barely 5 min at a time. Hopefully I will progress.
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • stackhsc
    Options
    2a3hm4h1wzzx.jpg
    Few from today
  • stackhsc
    Options
    fzzyelwmizgy.jpg
    -13 Celsius and beautiful
  • stackhsc
    Options
    8b4uatjan9m0.jpg
    Panoramic, not perfect but decent
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    So beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
  • stackhsc
    Options
    Non worries, wish that panoramic didn't error out. Not sure what's up with that
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing these shots. Beautiful!
  • stackhsc
    Options
    More from todays New Years Day Run. I love these trails, there was more picture taking than running today lol, the snow and the sun coming through the trees was too nice to not try to capture.
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    these are beautiful! they actually make me miss the snow. (I'm from New England- lots of snow there!) Good for you for getting out in nature in all it's different moods. There is something comforting about the white, the cold, the quiet of it all. Damn now I'm really homesick!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    betharin wrote: »
    So beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Exactly what she said. :)
  • stackhsc
    Options
    Glad you enjoy them. I'll try to keep remembering to add more as the seasons change