I finally had to get a hit in the head to get it...

Options
I had a stroke at 58 years of age May of this year....I immediately got BACK to Paleo eating...had played with it for a year and initially lost but regained due to 'cheats'... since May 18th have lost 49 lbs. My diabetes is 'better'..altho' still on 3 meds..my BP is 'better' altho' still on 1 med and still having residual equilibrium issues from the stroke. Patience is not my virtue. But hanging in there....cheated a couple of days this week and immediately felt the negative effects with gas, liver discomfort and increased dizziness....glad its such immediate repurcussions as it gets me back on track fast. LOVE Paleo

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found what works for you :smile:
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about the stroke, and you've taken that difficult situation and turned it into motivating yourself to improve your overall health. That takes a lot of strength and determination, and it's fantastic to hear about your progress. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You are very inspiring! Sometimes we have to suffer negative consequences before we get the point. It's okay, you are here to tell about it and share your amazing success with the rest of us!! Keep at it you rock!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    So glad you are making a change in your life, I think when we take control we feel like we can do something about it. good luck and keep up the good work. I keep telling myself, you're worth it, you deserve to be healthy, make it happen.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!