Losing weight on maintenance

Options
Hi!
I went on maintenance about a month ago and i keep losing weight.
This is really weird because when i was dieting i was losing weight very slow,about one pound a month,and now i'm losing one pound or more every week.
I was dieting for 4-5 months,i only had like 8 pounds to lose and i was eating between 1200-1400 depending on how much exercise i did.
Before i went on maintenance i calculate my TDEE and got 1800 cal. I'm 5'3,not active at all other than exercise and weighed 120 pounds (before losing this 'maintenance weight')
My exercise is mainly weight lifting,i think i would call it moderate intensity,5-6 times a week for about a hour. I don't do cardio,a bit of walking when i get around to it.
Why am i losing so much weight? According to what i'm losing my maintenance calories are 2300/+ that doesn't make sense!

(The only thing i could think of is my birth control. I was on a injection similar to depo,when i had trouble losing weight my doc said it is probably the BC. I got off it about two months before going on maintenance. According to the doc,after two months the hormones start getting back to normal and by 4-5 months it should be all out. Could this be it?)

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight then eat more food.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Only logical conclusion is to eat more food. You're not at maintenance if you're still losing at maintenance.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    There are many unnecessary systems the body will slow down while in A cal deficit. (Hair/nail growth, healing of non threatening injuries....) as you eat more the body resumes these activities which in effect increases your metabolism. This is why people can have a large maintance range.

Congrats you have a higher maintenance than you thought.