Has anyone ever tried and had success using a foot peddler?

Options
I'm just curious whether it's actually worth the time and money of investing in one or whether or not I should leave it alone. Do you actually burn enough calories with it to make it useful? Has anyone on here ever used one and had significant weight loss?

Replies

• blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    We have a desk cycle at home, I'm not sure if that's the same thing you're talking about or not. My bf uses it more than I do, it's under his desk so when he's on the computer typing or gaming, he just pedals away. He's not trying to lose weight though but add up 6hrs of gaming or more each weekend day and a few hrs each day during the week... it does add. Moving burns calories, and that's that. If you put it on a high resistance and put a lot of effort into it, you'll burn more than if it's just a low resistance and no effort. If you plan to use it, worth the investment. If you don't, then nope.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what a foot pedaler is...can you link a pic? Are you talking about a stationary bike? Or some other gizmo?

Oh nevermind, I see.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Drive-Medical-Deluxe-Folding-Exercise-Peddler-with-Electronic-Display/12248733
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Looking at what MyChocolateDiet posted, I'm not entirely sure. Echoing above that extra movement will help burn some calories, but I'm not sure that it would be entirely effective; since there's no resistence, you may not see huge results with it.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    http://www.amazon.ca/DeskCycle-Excercise-Bike/dp/B00B1VDNQA

This is what we have at home. Resistance, display, good usage. I'd recommend this if that's what you're looking for.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My friend was getting rid of one, so I grabbed it, but it was pretty useless, not much room under the desk, my rolling chair moved, it was just a pain to try & use, so I got rid of it.
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just eat a little less food, then go for a walk. tremendously more effective.