Diet Break

Hi guys. I have been strugggling with my weihgt fo while. Never in my life I haven,t been a skinny person. My weight is now 80kg and I am 172cm. With my fitness pal I,ve lost 5kg in 46 days and kgs just stopped dropping. Did anyone had a diet break because I think my metabolism slowed down. MY total calory intake was 1200cal per day and I also exercised regulary 3days a week,60min including cardio and strenght exercises. Tell me about your expirience in secon, third... month of using my fitness pal.Greeting to all :)

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm new to MFP (I cut out lattes and most processed foods and ate more veggies to lose my first 20 pounds), but I lost my first 17 pounds in about 2 months. Then I slowed down and now I'm changing things up by actually counting calories and tracking workouts.

ETA: I think it's normal to drop weight rapidly at first. Maybe you need to make sure you're eating more nutrient-dense foods and fewer processed foods.
  • Yes maybe you are right.I wasn't paying atention what I was eating.I always stayed under my calorie goal, like 23 or something not much or less. I could sometimes eat cake.Beacause I watched youtube reviews and many of them said I ate what I wanted bit stayed in 1200kcal goal. I made brek this week and starting tomorrow with heathier diet.
    Thank you so much, and wish you a lot of sucess ;)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    I've taken diet breaks. They did not help me lose more weight, they simply helped psychologically and physically.

Chances are you are either in a normal stall (e.g. you won't lose for a few weeks, then you will lose at your normal or accelerated rate afterwards) OR you are no longer in a deficit. if you are not weighing your food then you likely are eating more food than you think you are.

however, 1200 calories is really too low of a goal for most. |You are not obese. When I was your weight (like, 2 months ago?) I was eating ~2000 calories or more still. I'm currently eating 2000 calories, still losing weight. I also only work out 3x a week.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    I took a diet break for no other reason than I needed a break from logging. It was fantastic to not weigh and measure for two whole weeks. Fortunately, after doing this long enough, you get quite good at it and I didn't gain any weight.
  • Thank you guys for your replies :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    edited November 2014
    I am on a diet break.

I sometimes get sick of obsessive logging and don't do it. I eat the same, I just don't weigh anything. That's a logging break. Logging is a major pain in the asp, IMO.

This time, I have given myself permission to spend a week (maybe two!) doing and eating whatever I wanted. It's been strange, so far. I don't think I can go back to not reminding myself to eat more protein, less fat, etc.

I am learning a little about what it'll be like when I'm done logging and have learned to eat without it, too. :)